Thread starter
I'm almost embarrassed posting this given the conditions many of the Forum's members are enduring. I tell myself it's to help encourage you to believe that, but the time the Ferret's new bike is delivered, the weather will have turned and you'll be on the road again.
I had to go out on some errands this morning. In spite of what follows, it rained a bit and the CB1100 and I got a little wet. There was a bit of a landmark as the bike passed 7,000 kms (4,375 miles).
I went to a town called Yandina (map of the ride) and then over to the coast. As I headed to the coast, the weather cleared, so here's a couple of photos of the Pacific Ocean (in which I later swam).
The bloody great lump of rock in the background is said to be the second largest monolith in the Southern Hemisphere after Uluru (Ayres Rock). It's called Mt Coolum and towers over what used to be the Hyatt Coolum Resort which hosted the Australian PGA until 2012. Only golf fans will have the slightest interest in this piece of trivia.
The photo below is taken approaching the farthest point you can see in the photo above.
I had to go out on some errands this morning. In spite of what follows, it rained a bit and the CB1100 and I got a little wet. There was a bit of a landmark as the bike passed 7,000 kms (4,375 miles).
I went to a town called Yandina (map of the ride) and then over to the coast. As I headed to the coast, the weather cleared, so here's a couple of photos of the Pacific Ocean (in which I later swam).
The bloody great lump of rock in the background is said to be the second largest monolith in the Southern Hemisphere after Uluru (Ayres Rock). It's called Mt Coolum and towers over what used to be the Hyatt Coolum Resort which hosted the Australian PGA until 2012. Only golf fans will have the slightest interest in this piece of trivia.
The photo below is taken approaching the farthest point you can see in the photo above.


