GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Yeah, maybe I was too easy on the statement. You don't need to be "stopped" behind a HD to suffer. Driving and/or riding behind a HD in any situation is a hazard to one's health - seriously.peterbaron_imp said:Loosely speaking, 9 out of 10 HDs in this province (Ontario is a very populous province) spew unburnt particulate that is easily detectable when stuck behind them when stopped at a red light. The ones that appear not to tend to be the unmodified machines. This is an unscientific statement, but it is not hard to sample on the street. Any vehicle that burns oil makes the whole experience worse, including any affected Japanese bike.GoldOxide_imp said:Loosely speaking, 9 out of 10 HDs in this province (Ontario is a very populous province) spew unburnt particulate that is easily detectable when stuck behind them when stopped at a red light. The ones that appear not to tend to be the unmodified machines. This is an unscientific statement, but it is not hard to sample on the street. Any vehicle that burns oil makes the whole experience worse, including any affected Japanese bike.Billie_imp said:I would agree. The CB1100 puts out noticeably more particulate (whether burned or unburned) when compared to some other late model Honda siblings.GoldOxide_imp said:I would agree. The CB1100 puts out noticeably more particulate (whether burned or unburned) when compared to some other late model Honda siblings.bflint_imp said:My 2014 CB1100 DX definitely uses oil when riding at sustained speed of 90mph. Barely registered in oil window. Added 1/2 quart this morning.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
However, nothing even close to that of pretty well any model year HD.
However, nothing even close to that of pretty well any model year HD.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, probably am, are you saying an HD would burn more oil?
I've been touring on Harley's out west for the last 12 yrs, usually putting on 3,500 to 5,500 mi, I will typically set the cruise at 85-86 mph and run for hours only stopping for gas in usually pretty hot conditions and I have never had to add oil before I got home.
2014 CB 1100
2020 HD Low Rider
+1, and this is one of the reasons why I do not ride or drive behind HD!
The only thing worse is a coal-rolling, under utilized diesel pick-up truck. Heck, it doesn't need to be coal-rolling to be worse.
= = =
Don't worry folks, these puffing machines will be a part of history. I just hope I am not drooling in my rocking chair before that time arrives.
