Sturgis 2021

Billie_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Ordered a new rear tire, a Michelin Scorcher for my 2020 HD Low Rider at the beginning of April, was told it would be in the first of May, still don't have it. Back ordered where ever I look. Due to the China Virus I assume.
If I don't have it in time I'll have to call on the CB 1100 for the trip. Just put new rubber on it last month so I'm good there, will just have to figure out how to pack my gear on it, (I camp on my trips).
Just in case I should probably now send for the pass I'll need for the Honda to enter Sturgis city limits.
 
:rofl:

Don't worry about camping gear, you are going to have to sleep on your bike. :D

Crazy that a tire is on backorder for that long. Can't you get another tire they might have in stock? You wouldn't think Harley tires would be THAT hard to obtain.
 
Thread starter
Could probably get one through the HD dealer, but phooey on them and their pricing, they want about $480 for tire and mounting, I can buy the tire for $273, bring the wheel in to who I ordered tire through and have it mounted for $30. Another size or tread pattern might be available, but was just going with what is on there now so it matches the front, never thought it would take this long, so here I am.
Taking the CB would be fine with me, as you well know a very capable bike.
 
What about Avon tires? A buddy of mine uses them on his Harley police model. They seem like pretty nice rubber.
 
Thread starter
Stichill_imp said:
What about Avon tires? A buddy of mine uses them on his Harley police model. They seem like pretty nice rubber.
I'll get an easy 9 thousand miles out of the Michelin Scorcher (rear) tire.
the front around 18-19 thousand, so was going with one more rear tire till I need to replace both then I'll go to a Dunlop which I've had good luck with on past Harleys.
 
Thread starter
Got some Bridgestones on the Low Rider today, that was close, was thinking I would have to take the Honda to Sturgis.
Anyone on here have any trips planned for this summer?
 
Good deal Billie, I'm sure you'd rather be on your Harley than a Honda for that event.

I have the CB 1100 rally in September and our Annual Men's Fall Trip, dates still to be determined.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Good deal Billie, I'm sure you'd rather be on your Harley than a Honda for that event.

I have the CB 1100 rally in September and our Annual Men's Fall Trip, dates still to be determined.
Whats the CB 1100 rally all about?
 
Back
Top