Streak had to come to an end sometime

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Riding streak that is. Don't think I'm going to make it out today after all. It's still raining pretty hard, supposed to rain until this evening, and the Cinti Bell man that is supposed to come permanantly fix our internet cable and had a show up window from 12pm-4pm and a 2 hour work window after showing up that I have to be here for, hasn't shown up yet...or called.

:@ arrrggghhhh
 
That stinks. Very sorry to hear it.

My streak remains unblemished -- today is the 33rd day in a row that I've not ridden, and I anticipate it will continue unblemished for the foreseeable future (come on, April!)
 
Ferret, you won't get much sympathy from me I'm afraid...we've already had 3 blizzards of 12+ inches of snow, and the roads have been snow-covered for at least a month now.
But I'm still getting my two-wheeled fix! The coldest I've ridden in so far is 5f with a -10 windchill, but I might get out today as the wind seems calm -- but temp is about -15.
With about 5 psi in the tires this thing gets around great in the snow. I'm housebound a lot, and this has been the only thing keeping me sane!

85380bc325d0176af2f223a97115b8a6.jpg

47dce71a4dc3c113344eb1fccdab61f5.jpg
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
Ferret, you won't get much sympathy from me I'm afraid...we've already had 3 blizzards of 12+ inches of snow, and the roads have been snow-covered for at least a month now.
But I'm still getting my two-wheeled fix! The coldest I've ridden in so far is 5f with a -10 windchill, but I might get out today as the wind seems calm -- but temp is about -15.
With about 5 psi in the tires this thing gets around great in the snow. I'm housebound a lot, and this has been the only thing keeping me sane!

85380bc325d0176af2f223a97115b8a6.jpg

47dce71a4dc3c113344eb1fccdab61f5.jpg
There are some of us that would contend that riding a 2-wheeled vehicle without a motor, much less in subzero temps, actually proves the opposite. ;)

(actually, riding a bicycle in the winter is pretty fun as long as it's not what you do for a living).
 
Bad luck Ferret. We've been enjoying your run.

There's always wets if it isn't snowing. :P
 
There are a couple of guys that ride these bikes in the winter on our local nature trail. I was interested until they told me the price.

82d4ba00f69b1743c223b3c6a1f02362.jpg


I suffer from Seasonal Affected Disorder (SAD) during the winter months (November to the end of March). In order to avoid the "Winter Blues" I walk the local nature trail every day for an hour. The fresh air, exercise and pleasant scenery really lift my spirit. Only missed 3 days in December: two were Christmas related, and the other was just too cold and windy. Today we are enjoying freezing rain. I would need skates just get down the laneway.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
Ferret, you won't get much sympathy from me I'm afraid...we've already had 3 blizzards of 12+ inches of snow, and the roads have been snow-covered for at least a month now.
But I'm still getting my two-wheeled fix! The coldest I've ridden in so far is 5f with a -10 windchill, but I might get out today as the wind seems calm -- but temp is about -15.
With about 5 psi in the tires this thing gets around great in the snow. I'm housebound a lot, and this has been the only thing keeping me sane!

85380bc325d0176af2f223a97115b8a6.jpg

47dce71a4dc3c113344eb1fccdab61f5.jpg
There are some of us that would contend that riding a 2-wheeled vehicle without a motor, much less in subzero temps, actually proves the opposite. ;)

(actually, riding a bicycle in the winter is pretty fun as long as it's not what you do for a living).
There are some of us that would contend that riding a 2-wheeled vehicle without a motor, much less in subzero temps, actually proves the opposite. ;)

(actually, riding a bicycle in the winter is pretty fun as long as it's not what you do for a living).
Haha, touche, Emptysea. You aren't the first one who's said that. And you're right, I've been having a lot of fun with it. Just returned from my ride -- windchill was -29 when I walked out the door. Worst part was the icicles hanging from my eyelashes, kind of makes it hard to blink!
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
Ferret, you won't get much sympathy from me I'm afraid...we've already had 3 blizzards of 12+ inches of snow, and the roads have been snow-covered for at least a month now.
But I'm still getting my two-wheeled fix! The coldest I've ridden in so far is 5f with a -10 windchill, but I might get out today as the wind seems calm -- but temp is about -15.
With about 5 psi in the tires this thing gets around great in the snow. I'm housebound a lot, and this has been the only thing keeping me sane!

85380bc325d0176af2f223a97115b8a6.jpg

47dce71a4dc3c113344eb1fccdab61f5.jpg
There are some of us that would contend that riding a 2-wheeled vehicle without a motor, much less in subzero temps, actually proves the opposite. ;)

(actually, riding a bicycle in the winter is pretty fun as long as it's not what you do for a living).
There are some of us that would contend that riding a 2-wheeled vehicle without a motor, much less in subzero temps, actually proves the opposite. ;)

(actually, riding a bicycle in the winter is pretty fun as long as it's not what you do for a living).
Haha, touche, Emptysea. You aren't the first one who's said that. And you're right, I've been having a lot of fun with it. Just returned from my ride -- windchill was -29 when I walked out the door. Worst part was the icicles hanging from my eyelashes, kind of makes it hard to blink!
There are some of us that would contend that riding a 2-wheeled vehicle without a motor, much less in subzero temps, actually proves the opposite. ;)

(actually, riding a bicycle in the winter is pretty fun as long as it's not what you do for a living).
Haha, touche, Emptysea. You aren't the first one who's said that. And you're right, I've been having a lot of fun with it. Just returned from my ride -- windchill was -29 when I walked out the door. Worst part was the icicles hanging from my eyelashes, kind of makes it hard to blink! Well...I didn't even mention the relative insanity of living in North Dakota. LOL
 
Crikey, Nortoon. Living with SAD in Canada must be a struggle. Glad to hear you cope.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
There are a couple of guys that ride these bikes in the winter on our local nature trail. I was interested until they told me the price.

82d4ba00f69b1743c223b3c6a1f02362.jpg


I suffer from Seasonal Affected Disorder (SAD) during the winter months (November to the end of March). In order to avoid the "Winter Blues" I walk the local nature trail every day for an hour. The fresh air, exercise and pleasant scenery really lift my spirit. Only missed 3 days in December: two were Christmas related, and the other was just too cold and windy. Today we are enjoying freezing rain. I would need skates just get down the laneway.
Exactly why I do it myself. I do it for the mind as much as the body, but it does keep my old 53 year old carcass in pretty good shape. BTW, you can get a good entry-level fatbike for around $500, at least in the U.S. Mine was twice that, but still reasonable I think.

I wonder if we can convince the Ferret to give it a go?
 
Thread starter
I actually think I suffer from a bit of that SAD thing as well. Never have enjoyed winter. When we were kids my brother would go sled riding or whatever, while I stayed inside and read books. Today was a miserable day. Didn't read, but watched 2 movies on net flicks. Would have really enjoyed getting out and riding for an hour/hour and a half.

Have no desire whatsoever to hike or ride a bicycle. Rather watch a movie or read.

Was really tough putting that big green X (indicating no ride) on my calendar this evening.
 
Thread starter
I.T. with Pierce Brosnan about disgruntled I.T. Employee...pretty good
Kill or be killed.... Stupidest western I have ever seen
 
The ferret_imp said:
I.T. with Pierce Brosnan about disgruntled I.T. Employee...pretty good
Kill or be killed.... Stupidest western I have ever seen
Have you watched the newer version of True Grit? One of my favorite westerns of all time. The young woman who plays the lead is fantastic, as is Jeff Bridges.
 
Thread starter
Yep maybe 1/2 doz times. I like the original True Grit with the Duke as well.

I just bought all 3 Expendables, and the Bourne Trilogy plus the new Jason Bourne with Jeremy Renner (some fantastic motorcycle riding in that one) but I have been watching them in the evenings.
Stichill try finding " One Week" a great story about a Canadian lad on a Norton.
 
I sure enjoyed World's Fastest Indian. Story of New Zealander Burt Munro, played by Anthony Hopkins, was fun to watch. Might queue it up again this winter.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yep maybe 1/2 doz times. I like the original True Grit with the Duke as well.

I just bought all 3 Expendables, and the Bourne Trilogy plus the new Jason Bourne with Jeremy Renner (some fantastic motorcycle riding in that one) but I have been watching them in the evenings.
Stichill try finding " One Week" a great story about a Canadian lad on a Norton.
Really good movie, but a little frustrating to watch when you're snowed in and can't ride!
 
Back
Top