redbirds_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Rode some places in the central part of the county where I hadn't been recently. Sky was beautiful this morning and the air still held the aroma of previous days' rain. Leaving Patterson on Walkerville Rd, I hadn't gone far and got this pic of an abandoned home, nearly in town and not that old a place I would imagine.
Leaving town and in farm country, I find this old place. Looks as though the present owners use it for a place to store their old junk and there was a 90's era car parked nearby with weeds growing around it.
Walkerville Rd has so many of these old places that I don't get but another couple of miles and find this old farmhouse. It's across from a soybean field, nothing else around.
Across the road, Cypress Vine, festooned with bright red flowers, covers the fence encircling the soybean field.
I reach the end of Walkerville and turn on to Horse Shoe Rd and find this old tobacco barn and an old shelter of a sort.
Further on I find these old barns and a gas pump.
A turn onto DeLoach Rd and I find this lovely spot neath the transmission lines.
A stark contrast to my previous shots is this very nice place on the County Farm Rd.
It's really warm now and I'm glad to make the turn onto my old dirt road. Only a mile to home now.
At my gate.
Time to put the Red Beauty away for now. Looking forward to cooler days ahead and longer rides.
Leaving town and in farm country, I find this old place. Looks as though the present owners use it for a place to store their old junk and there was a 90's era car parked nearby with weeds growing around it.
Walkerville Rd has so many of these old places that I don't get but another couple of miles and find this old farmhouse. It's across from a soybean field, nothing else around.
Across the road, Cypress Vine, festooned with bright red flowers, covers the fence encircling the soybean field.
I reach the end of Walkerville and turn on to Horse Shoe Rd and find this old tobacco barn and an old shelter of a sort.
Further on I find these old barns and a gas pump.
A turn onto DeLoach Rd and I find this lovely spot neath the transmission lines.
A stark contrast to my previous shots is this very nice place on the County Farm Rd.
It's really warm now and I'm glad to make the turn onto my old dirt road. Only a mile to home now.
At my gate.
Time to put the Red Beauty away for now. Looking forward to cooler days ahead and longer rides.