Stories Part IV

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Rode some places in the central part of the county where I hadn't been recently. Sky was beautiful this morning and the air still held the aroma of previous days' rain. Leaving Patterson on Walkerville Rd, I hadn't gone far and got this pic of an abandoned home, nearly in town and not that old a place I would imagine.

4509fff503f557497be572ad6807f809.jpg


Leaving town and in farm country, I find this old place. Looks as though the present owners use it for a place to store their old junk and there was a 90's era car parked nearby with weeds growing around it.

3783706f20c69459fdff5fd1d1417f51.jpg


f42ba84576a124f12583cf8d63ac49a0.jpg


5760162f23dd8dc9020533c057c8d66b.jpg


Walkerville Rd has so many of these old places that I don't get but another couple of miles and find this old farmhouse. It's across from a soybean field, nothing else around.

44b89bff0be489ea4e7dc372c34084cc.jpg


f17996f7a873f56adbd98969d7ac6f97.jpg


Across the road, Cypress Vine, festooned with bright red flowers, covers the fence encircling the soybean field.

411e5c7b2f800580ed9856ffbfd4e1a8.jpg


d484cb30523d3845d7e73a879fc70872.jpg


c6570a761269f8859d716c15578731f6.jpg


b98a1cd797738de31f4ef91fcd9cac43.jpg


I reach the end of Walkerville and turn on to Horse Shoe Rd and find this old tobacco barn and an old shelter of a sort.

0992ec3069e29333a502673f9da890e1.jpg


26b50bbcb22a930bc7deebb0c787c882.jpg


834dabd40c5cb39a19e2a8202ec01a4c.jpg

Further on I find these old barns and a gas pump.

c13a5e63132a8fe02621ab3a0ca9d32e.jpg


40c143f79ab40ba2cecd109511fbeeda.jpg


f5bb87c1670ae03b3ec4320d839f9b86.jpg


A turn onto DeLoach Rd and I find this lovely spot neath the transmission lines.

11e8aa405e266177638ca392e5eb13d9.jpg


5ce6e164ff81d0220f377481347857ef.jpg


e88615b43889ffa52184e70f8cc289f2.jpg


A stark contrast to my previous shots is this very nice place on the County Farm Rd.

01a1339d328ad0c3ff60a01cc8de744a.jpg


It's really warm now and I'm glad to make the turn onto my old dirt road. Only a mile to home now.

d57e2668af03434a4c9acb789ba7b0e7.jpg


At my gate.

6bfdba3b9015f3eaf6eba3982f825ca1.jpg


Time to put the Red Beauty away for now. Looking forward to cooler days ahead and longer rides.

ad0beb9ea9f218b464ad3fead73ca922.jpg
 
More great shots, redbirds, although you must be irritated by the number of times that red motorcycle manages a photobomb. Just as well it's such a fine looking machine, eh?

I liked your contrast shot. After the abandoned buildings, that rather grand gate seemed out of place.
 
Nice shirt! Reminds me of a great time.
 
Really enjoyed your pictures, the flower picture is super. We don't see too many old farms or buildings here. Some though , I think our weather
is a factor up here. A couple of feet of snow would take some of the ones you have pictures of down up here.
 
Thread starter
CA200_imp said:
Really enjoyed your pictures, the flower picture is super. We don't see too many old farms or buildings here. Some though , I think our weather
is a factor up here. A couple of feet of snow would take some of the ones you have pictures of down up here.
No doubt. Some probably wouldn't withstand two feet of snow when new from their look.
 
Back
Top