Stopped at local dealer today to look at Kaw 900

I rode one of these a month or two ago. It felt really lively and very light compared to our CB1100. Seemed like a really good bike, one that I'd be happy to punt around the hills.
 
Roper_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
I'm much more tempted to add the 2017 CB to the stable than the 900. Or a Triumph. Suddenly the CB300R just hit my radar. While available overseas it will now be imported here. I'm thinking going that route (or a Rally) instead of another big bike. Toss the small bike in the truck then ride once I get to my destination. Riding home from the last rally from San Ysidro New Mexico to Phoenix I froze between Grants and Gallup, the roasted south of Flag. The Griso is not the ideal touring bike.

Guess I'm getting soft.... :)
I love the looks of the CB300R. I think it would be an absolute blast to ride in the twisties. My only concern is that as a thumper, it would probably be pretty buzzy at highway speeds.
I love the looks of the CB300R. I think it would be an absolute blast to ride in the twisties. My only concern is that as a thumper, it would probably be pretty buzzy at highway speeds.
I have a 2015 CB300F and just got to ride a new CB300R. Appearance aside, the major things I noticed were the lighter weight, and vibration felt through the seat and not the bars, opposite of my bike. Plus the seat was lower and harder, but that's any easy fix.
 
with the painted chic fairing + tail, i think this combo looks great- even better than our cb- reminiscent of the muscle bikes of the late 70's- early 80s

9079659c15a9ded7af54e2ce303a4a56.jpg


35852f324f09e15b1e22c02ed78cedef.jpg


5e33e7832b5dd44d59409fa99e95e49b.jpg
 
NO doubt about nice look :thumbsup: but I cannot confirm: looks great- even better than our cb, mostly due to missing 2 rear shocks..that gives CB its classic and undisputed best look :)
Your great pics force me to go to a local dealer on Tuesday
Kawi lists a lot of accessories.., better than CB.
This is my private opinion. Others may differ.


bd57eae64429ae05bf0797f6c233ca47.jpg


This green colour of Z900RS CAFE (CDN) is gorgeous, like old classic Kawi :thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
My complaint (and many others) about the look of the RS Kaw is the ridiculous gap between the rear tire and rear fender. With a different sub frame they could have lowered the back half of the bike, and put a flatter seat on it, which imo would have improved the looks immensely.
 
The ferret_imp said:
My complaint (and many others) about the look of the RS Kaw is the ridiculous gap between the rear tire and rear fender. With a different sub frame they could have lowered the back half of the bike, and put a flatter seat on it, which imo would have improved the looks immensely.
Also the seat height. Near as tall as some ADV bikes. Pamela (Sparky) was excited about getting one but the seat height put her off, on a par with her V-strom, that reach being why she liked the CB. With a new rear sub frame they could have added dual shocks and lowered the bike a bit. I still like it though, great motor and they almost nailed the look.
 
jedd_imp said:
with the painted chic fairing + tail, i think this combo looks great- even better than our cb- reminiscent of the muscle bikes of the late 70's- early 80s

9079659c15a9ded7af54e2ce303a4a56.jpg


35852f324f09e15b1e22c02ed78cedef.jpg


5e33e7832b5dd44d59409fa99e95e49b.jpg
Is that a factory Kawasaki accessory item, or aftermarket? I think that cowl looks better than the Pixar Cars movie piece on the Cafe. If the paint matches, that thing kicks butt.
 
It is the produced by very same folks as the Road Comet so beloved by CB owners! Check out Takashi’s site under Kawasaki.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
huh....you know i might get shot for saying this, but that thing looks a lot better on the Kawa than on our CB. it's the tank shape.
We will not shoot you , just ban you from giving your opinion (LOL)
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
huh....you know i might get shot for saying this, but that thing looks a lot better on the Kawa than on our CB. it's the tank shape.
I agree. That thing looks great on the Kawi. It actually improves the overall look of the stock bike, by balancing the effect of that overly bulbous tank. Also, the orange paintwork on the cowl works. It has a slimming effect. Overall, it just integrates very nicely.

On the other hand, I've yet to see any cowl or windscreen that didn't look horrible on the CB, which absolutely needs zero help, aesthetically. Every time someone here posts a picture of their CB with some new windshield or whatever, my immediate reaction is always the same...

3f48d19fedc0663b7b668550bef59ea4.jpg
 
hahah...full disclosure, i've been considering putting a 80's style rectangular headlight and cowl on mine sometime in the next couple years...i'm not sure how it will look.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
hahah...full disclosure, i've been considering putting a 80's style rectangular headlight and cowl on mine sometime in the next couple years...i'm not sure how it will look.
Something like this?

d4e0f08348da83235ab2558337b3504a.jpg
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
huh....you know i might get shot for saying this, but that thing looks a lot better on the Kawa than on our CB. it's the tank shape.
I agree that the tank on the Kawasaki looks great on that bike. That said, I don't think it holds a candle to the shape of the beautiful seamless tank on the 2017 and newer CB1100EX.
 
oh, sorry, by "that thing" i was referring to the road comet, not the tank. i was just saying the road comet suits the kawa tank better than it suits the CB tank.

flynrider, yea, something like that. slightly different. I was eyeballing the 1983 version. I may drop the idea altogether. I'm struggling over whether i want to emulate the 83 or the 82, and the 82 didn't have the square light.
 
Fake cooling fins on the Kawasaki are a big turnoff. I agree the orange and root beer color scheme is nice and brings back memories of my adolescence but up close and personal the Kawasaki build quality isn't even close.
 
Desert viper_imp said:
Flynrider , there is a 2018 Z900RS with 350 miles on it for $9300 at Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, Az. (Root beer & Orange)
Thanks, DV! I'll check it out.
 
Back
Top