stock tool kit (if you can call it that)

12cb96vfr_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Haha I got a screwdriver and a fuse remover - that's it!

I went in and added a spanner wrench, plyers and an adjustable wrench but I thought that was kinda weak on Honda's part!
 
12cb,

You were supposed to get an Allen wrench too!
 
Yeah. You're gonna need one if you ever want to get your side covers off.
 
For some reason the Canadian CB's got the traditional complete suite of under seat tools. Like those found in a typical '80s pouch collection.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
For some reason the Canadian CB's got the traditional complete suite of under seat tools. Like those found in a typical '80s pouch collection.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
 
Rocky_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
For some reason the Canadian CB's got the traditional complete suite of under seat tools. Like those found in a typical '80s pouch collection.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
Wow, that must have been an initial surprise? Koodos to your dealership for caring to respond to your deficit.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
For some reason the Canadian CB's got the traditional complete suite of under seat tools. Like those found in a typical '80s pouch collection.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
Wow, that must have been an initial surprise? Koodos to your dealership for caring to respond to your deficit.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
Wow, that must have been an initial surprise? Koodos to your dealership for caring to respond to your deficit.
I've been a good customer and support the local dealer, that and the fact that I've purchased three new motorcycles from them over the years, It was a good PR thing for them to do.
The tools really don't amount to much, as far as tools go, but at least now I have a full set to go with the bike.
 
Rocky_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
For some reason the Canadian CB's got the traditional complete suite of under seat tools. Like those found in a typical '80s pouch collection.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
Wow, that must have been an initial surprise? Koodos to your dealership for caring to respond to your deficit.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
Wow, that must have been an initial surprise? Koodos to your dealership for caring to respond to your deficit.
I've been a good customer and support the local dealer, that and the fact that I've purchased three new motorcycles from them over the years, It was a good PR thing for them to do.
The tools really don't amount to much, as far as tools go, but at least now I have a full set to go with the bike.
Mine didn't. I only got a few tools. The dealer ordered in the rest at no extra cost.
Wow, that must have been an initial surprise? Koodos to your dealership for caring to respond to your deficit.
I've been a good customer and support the local dealer, that and the fact that I've purchased three new motorcycles from them over the years, It was a good PR thing for them to do.
The tools really don't amount to much, as far as tools go, but at least now I have a full set to go with the bike.
Agreed. They are convenience insurance when out on the road. I think I've used an Allen wrench a couple of times, and the rear suspension spanner several times.
 
Here is a link to an online Honda parts house, showing all the tools, their individual prices, and part numbers: https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907903487a8660d54fac347/tool Depending on the total cost of tools ordered, you may get free shipping. Then compare it to what a dealer selling price would be if he orders the tools. Most of the dealers in my area add a significant mark up to parts prices, so I almost always come out better doing it myself online. Then too, I usually wait to order parts until my shopping list total qualifys for free shipping.
 
Thanks 2017EX. That is indeed the supplied CB toolkit. Too bad some CB folks didn't get it, or get it complete. Kind of inconsistent of Honda.
 
Back
Top