Stock handlebar measurements

misterprofessionality

Road warrior
Thread starter
Try as I might, I can't seem to get an accurate measurement of the stock hanldebars while they're installed, and I sure as heck don't have time to disassemble the whole thing. Does anybody

A) know of someplace where this information can be looked up? I haven't found this information readily available on the net.

B) have a pair of stock handlebars sitting somewhere that could be measured for the Rise, width, pullback, and center width?
 
I too am interested in this info, wanting to put similar sized bars to replace the beach bars on my Speedmaster.
 
I took some measurements to compare with the "Hurricane" bars, which were 30mm taller, but the same sweepback and width. The key in measurement is to have the top bar areas perfectly level.

I added a length measurement for that top bar area because if wider grips or heated grip controls/throttle lock were added, it may push the master cylinders into the curve, and the levers would tilt up.





I might add that Suzuki V-Strom 650 bars are very close overall.
 
Thread starter
This is perfect! thanks! i can finally get an accurate comparison.
So, to expand on this, I'm looking at these Bars as a replacement (even the tallest clip ons are too extreme of a change, as it turns out)

db55fd6376758eb5b3e91880183c2b1a.jpg


These are about 5/8" forward, 1 3/4" lower, and approximately the same width. In the opinion of the experienced, are these too close to dirt tracker bars? because that is definitely not what i'm looking for.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
This is perfect! thanks! i can finally get an accurate comparison.
So, to expand on this, I'm looking at these Bars as a replacement (even the tallest clip ons are too extreme of a change, as it turns out)

db55fd6376758eb5b3e91880183c2b1a.jpg


These are about 5/8" forward, 1 3/4" lower, and approximately the same width. In the opinion of the experienced, are these too close to dirt tracker bars? because that is definitely not what i'm looking for.
Dirt track bars are 3-4" tall sweep back farther, likely wider too, kinda like the bars on an old Schwinn or beach cruiser. Be sure they have long enough straight sections on the tops.
 
Back
Top