Stirring the Pot, I am.

Ulvetanna_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
It does occur to me that some members may be taking my wordy posts far too literally (pun absolutely intended). Yep, I'm stirring the pot a bit to see what floats up, that's all. A sense of humor is helpful, but there is always the ignore list.:beerchug:
 
Thread starter
More pot stirring; I am sticking around until VLJ reports back tonight. Or plan on it, anyhow. I hate night riding, don't do it unless there is some ridiculously compelling reason, like, if I just bought a new bike and just HAVE to ride it. Or have to test some new thing, or check the headlight aim.
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
It does occur to me that some members may be taking my wordy posts far too literally (pun absolutely intended). Yep, I'm stirring the pot a bit to see what floats up, that's all. A sense of humor is helpful, but there is always the ignore list.:beerchug:
Where is the ignore list option?
I’d like to sign up for it.
 
No worries on the lengthy and opinionated posts. As to length, it's good to follow the Gettysburg address method. I will channel Lincoln while others channel Everett. (No offense to our southern friends.)

On the other hand, some of the ride reports I've read on this forum have been breathtaking - you don't realize how much you just read or have seen 'til it's over.
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
More pot stirring; I am sticking around until VLJ reports back tonight. Or plan on it, anyhow. I hate night riding, don't do it unless there is some ridiculously compelling reason, like, if I just bought a new bike and just HAVE to ride it. Or have to test some new thing, or check the headlight aim.

Agreed - I avoid night riding like the plague. Around here lots of critters come out at night on the roads. Besides, things that are a mere annoyance in the daytime can become quite deadly in the dark.
 
Same here Winston. Too many animals, particularly deer after dusk, plus other obstacles and debris to avoid at night.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Banned_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
More pot stirring; I am sticking around until VLJ reports back tonight. Or plan on it, anyhow. I hate night riding, don't do it unless there is some ridiculously compelling reason, like, if I just bought a new bike and just HAVE to ride it. Or have to test some new thing, or check the headlight aim.

Agreed - I avoid night riding like the plague. Around here lots of critters come out at night on the roads. Besides, things that are a mere annoyance in the daytime can become quite deadly in the dark.

Agreed - I avoid night riding like the plague. Around here lots of critters come out at night on the roads. Besides, things that are a mere annoyance in the daytime can become quite deadly in the dark.
Rural riding at night, yes, avoid if at all possible...but city riding on the freeways, that's a blast at night. I mean late after a hot summer day, 11pm or later when there's no traffic...head west towards Portland on I-84, but veer south on to 205 then down and around to I-5 where ya' take a right and head north on 217 through Tigard, right on 26 and through the tunnel--nothing like tunnels on a motorcycle--a quick jog on 405, then back on I-5 north, cross the bridge into Vancouver, W14 east to the 205 bridge, cross the Columbia back into OR and then return home on I-84...the Sportster was fun on that, exhaust never sounded better, gauges all lit up, the CB1100 instrument panel--a work of art at night. Somenights I'd do that, "finish", and then turn around and do same route in reverse...a good two hour plus ride. A weeknight is better to avoid the crazzies.

On the other hand...I've had to ride in rural Mexico once at night when I miscalculated how far away the next town was...white knuckle riding all the while fearing gaping pot holes would swallow me up, or a burro, vaca or cabra, or otherwise inebbriated being would jump out in front of me. Got behind a decently moving truck and was happy to watch his tail lights for an hour.
 
Thread starter
Mscb1100_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
It does occur to me that some members may be taking my wordy posts far too literally (pun absolutely intended). Yep, I'm stirring the pot a bit to see what floats up, that's all. A sense of humor is helpful, but there is always the ignore list.:beerchug:
Where is the ignore list option?
I’d like to sign up for it.
Where is the ignore list option?
I’d like to sign up for it. It's in the User CP. Look at the top of the page when yer logged in, to the left, just under Guth's cool CB1100 graphic.

I can't believe I am directing someone on how to ignore my posts. That's some serious irony. But that's the polite way to handle my occasional or frequent pedantic drivel.:rofl:

I know how to use the ignore list too but have not done so; I can't wait to see what everyone has to say next!
 
pdedse_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
More pot stirring; I am sticking around until VLJ reports back tonight. Or plan on it, anyhow. I hate night riding, don't do it unless there is some ridiculously compelling reason, like, if I just bought a new bike and just HAVE to ride it. Or have to test some new thing, or check the headlight aim.

Agreed - I avoid night riding like the plague. Around here lots of critters come out at night on the roads. Besides, things that are a mere annoyance in the daytime can become quite deadly in the dark.

Agreed - I avoid night riding like the plague. Around here lots of critters come out at night on the roads. Besides, things that are a mere annoyance in the daytime can become quite deadly in the dark.
Rural riding at night, yes, avoid if at all possible...but city riding on the freeways, that's a blast at night. I mean late after a hot summer day, 11pm or later when there's no traffic...head west towards Portland on I-84, but veer south on to 205 then down and around to I-5 where ya' take a right and head north on 217 through Tigard, right on 26 and through the tunnel--nothing like tunnels on a motorcycle--a quick jog on 405, then back on I-5 north, cross the bridge into Vancouver, W14 east to the 205 bridge, cross the Columbia back into OR and then return home on I-84...the Sportster was fun on that, exhaust never sounded better, gauges all lit up, the CB1100 instrument panel--a work of art at night. Somenights I'd do that, "finish", and then turn around and do same route in reverse...a good two hour plus ride. A weeknight is better to avoid the crazzies.

On the other hand...I've had to ride in rural Mexico once at night when I miscalculated how far away the next town was...white knuckle riding all the while fearing gaping pot holes would swallow me up, or a burro, vaca or cabra, or otherwise inebbriated being would jump out in front of me. Got behind a decently moving truck and was happy to watch his tail lights for an hour.
This is one of the more fascinating posts that I've read around here in quite some time. Thanks for sharing pdedse!
 
what are forums for if not for posting, well pretty much whatever you like, so long as it's not illegal? rude and obnoxious never hurt anyone.
 
Back
Top