Still deep and throaty, just annoyingly less so!

Whoops

Been there
Thread starter
Just a few posts shy of the For Sale forum requirements, but this wasn't a sale/buy/trade regardless. Just a guy with no need for a part helping a guy with need of a part handled through private messages. Apologies if this skirts the rules in some way. I just wanted to call him out for being a great forum member!

I expressed dislike for how loud the Yoshimura exhaust was on my recently purchased 2014 CB1100 and that it lacked the silencer I saw mentioned in other threads. Well, cj599 stepped in and offered to give me his silencer since he never planned on using it again, so long as I cover the shipping.

It just arrived today and I am amazed at how just a small bit of metal pipe stuffed inside another bit of metal pipe can have such a dramatic reduction in decibels.

My neighbors thank you, my wife thanks you, even my dogs don't run inside the house anymore when I pull in and would no doubt thank you, if they could.

Thank you cj599!

ef88842c91003585944bb550fbd1ea2c.jpg
 
Great gesture CJ!! :thumbsup:

And glad it worked out so well Whoops. Now go :biker:
 
Oklahoma’s loss is Utah’s gain. Kind of you, CJ. :beerchug:
 
Tev62_imp said:
And because loud pipes don't save lives. The latest research into what has been stated many times before. Actually, Loud Pipes Don’t Save Lives
Nice to help someone out.

I still believe louder pipes help you get noticed, have seen people turn to look many times as I approach them on my Harley, never see them do the same when I'm on the CB, just my experience.
 
I’m surprised it’s that loud. I have the same pipe in carbon fiber and unless I’m wringing the motor out it’s only marginally louder. It may need to be repacked. You can send it in to Yoshimura and have it gone for a very reasonable price. Or follow the you tube videos and do it yourself although it’s messy.
 
Billie_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
And because loud pipes don't save lives. The latest research into what has been stated many times before. Actually, Loud Pipes Don’t Save Lives
Nice to help someone out.

I still believe louder pipes help you get noticed, have seen people turn to look many times as I approach them on my Harley, never see them do the same when I'm on the CB, just my experience.
Pedestrians yes. What this study was saying is by the time the car driver does hear the pipe it would be too late for any reaction.
 
On the loud pipes sub topic here, there is a little girl in our street who is terrified of motorbikes because of one guy with a Harley with open pipes. Do we really want to do this to people?
 
Ayrshire Dunx_imp said:
On the loud pipes sub topic here, there is a little girl in our street who is terrified of motorbikes because of one guy with a Harley with open pipes. Do we really want to do this to people?
Definitely no. The resultant trauma can affect the victim's ability to be the best they can be in adult years.

Statistically, it is men with immature egos, likely abused and/or abandoned in childhood who commonly take-up obnoxious practices of modified irritating exhausts on typically HDs and full-sized [diesel] pick-up trucks (who may also participate in selfish acts of "rolling coal").



(that is one annoyingly big exhaust)

In both cases, the little girl adult and the selfish rider/driver would need lots of therapy to be happier participants in normal human society.
 
Talking about loud pipes is like talking about oil. Useless.
 
Dang! I was about to weigh in. :D
 
im a fan of drag racing and loud engines i love the yoshi on my bike and the two brothers on my 600 are anything but loud compaired to most v twinns my 1100 with the cat and no muffler still isnt as loud as my cb360 i dont see the argument here
then again i apricate a quiet vehicle especially on long trips each have their place
 
Back
Top