Steel Rear Sprockets

johnnyj_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
After reading Peking Ducks great thread about sprockets and his experience last year I started emailing 7th Gear Design in July trying to buy a set of sprockets. After several emails, voice mails, and month passed, I have given up and bought a 19 tooth steel front sprocket from PBI.
Was thinking there is probably others that have been down this road and may have found a line on a 37 tooth steel rear sprocket.
I will post up if any of my inquiries yield any leads.

Thanks in advance
 
I couldn't find a rear steel sprocket in a 37T size .. only an aluminum one from PBI sprockets

Just an update from another thread , I did the 19 front and liked it ..wanted to test the 37 rear to even lower the revs at freeway speeds and ordered from PBI sprockets . The 37T aluminum rear part number is as below


Items
Qty Item # Description Price Each Total
1 3071- 3071- CBR-600F2/F3, CB-900F, CBR-900RR, VTR-1000F, CB-1100.
Aluminum Rear Spkt. Teeth:Aluminum 37
$60.35 $60.3
 
I was wondering how the aluminum with hold up in terms of miles. I put the 19 tooth front on from PBI but would rather have steel in the back also.
Thanks for any information.
 
Hey, smelville! I used an aluminum on the rear for about 10,000 miles and it worked fine. I decided just the 19 tooth front was the right mix for me on my 13. Got great mileage with 19 front , 37 rear.
It still looks good, I may put it back on for long summer trips. Like having another 1/2 gallon in the tank!

Ben
 
The 19 front and 37 rear has been working well for me plus the mpg seems to be higher by 4-5 mpg .. More importantly the bike is LESS busy and super smooth with a very less amount of low end torque lost ..
 
No not really as I didn’t test stock and aftermarket back to back for comparison. However I keep changing stock and aftermarket sprockets on my dual sport xt225 and since the stocker has that rubber impregnated in the front sprocket it a tad bit quieter than the other sprockets that don’t have the rubber. But no vibrations at all .

There must be some reason why the stocker has the rubber insert


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm curious how DBM's "stocker" runs 70 at 3k rpm. Mine runs 62 like the engineering website says, 100kph is speed limit on Japanese highways. what brand and size tire you got on that thing?
 
DBM's 2014 is a 6-speed. My 2013 5-speed used to do 4000 rpm at 70 mph, the 19T front dropping it to about 3775, and adding a 37 tooth rear dropped it to 3600 rpm.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
DBM's 2014 is a 6-speed. My 2013 5-speed used to do 4000 rpm at 70 mph, the 19T front dropping it to about 3775, and adding a 37 tooth rear dropped it to 3600 rpm.

Sounds about right. I’m between 3500-3600 rpm at 70mph with the 19 front and 37 rear


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
obleo_imp said:
I R : I was curious about the noise without the rubber ( bushing) . Would like others to chime in .

On the dirt bike you can tell a very minor noise difference due to the lower speeds at 25-30mph and dirt helmet but no vibrations .. I doubt you can hear the noise difference on the CB at higher speeds with a full face helmet ..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
all 2014 are 6 speed. they do 62 at 3k rpm. not 70, not stock, unless he's running a 140/90 rear tire, which would go about 67 to 68
 
Question here: when doing the front drive sprocket replacement , do you need to bleed the clutch slave cylinder? Also how is the clutch lifter rod removed and reinstalled. Service manual doesn’t say. One more question , is it necessary to order a drive chain guide plate? I’ll probably grind it per previous instructions here. Thanks for your input here. Mark
 
Well just ordered sprocket and chain guide plate. I’ll follow up with my impressions, thanks for your help.
 
Back
Top