Status below the user name.

Ghis_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I see that every one has a status below their user name. I finally notice that Guth's says "Forum founder", Le Ferret "forum moderator", then there is first service (for newbies like me I guess :D), but also high mileage, and such. How do those change (except for those in charge of course)? Does it change automatically with time, or is there a place where I can go to modify that?
What's the hierarchy? Is "running like a top" below "high mileage" or the other way around?
 
Ghis_imp said:
I see that every one has a status below their user name. I finally notice that Guth's says "Forum founder", Le Ferret "forum moderator", then there is first service (for newbies like me I guess :D), but also high mileage, and such. How do those change (except for those in charge of course)? Does it change automatically with time, or is there a place where I can go to modify that?
What's the hierarchy? Is "running like a top" below "high mileage" or the other way around?
It's an identity based on how many posts. Clicks over after you reach various post counts - set by the forum owner, who also chose the titles.

Those are to reflect a bike's life. First service, running like a top, high-mileage...I don't know if with enough posts, you get "fully depreciated" or "junk" under your title...maybe.

Other forums use other titles. Defaults are like NEW MEMBER; VETERAN MEMBER or whatever. Other boards allow users to hang their own title. This one apparently isn't set up to do that.
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
Ghis_imp said:
I see that every one has a status below their user name. I finally notice that Guth's says "Forum founder", Le Ferret "forum moderator", then there is first service (for newbies like me I guess :D), but also high mileage, and such. How do those change (except for those in charge of course)? Does it change automatically with time, or is there a place where I can go to modify that?
What's the hierarchy? Is "running like a top" below "high mileage" or the other way around?
It's an identity based on how many posts. Clicks over after you reach various post counts - set by the forum owner, who also chose the titles.

Those are to reflect a bike's life. First service, running like a top, high-mileage...I don't know if with enough posts, you get "fully depreciated" or "junk" under your title...maybe.

Other forums use other titles. Defaults are like NEW MEMBER; VETERAN MEMBER or whatever. Other boards allow users to hang their own title. This one apparently isn't set up to do that.
That would just take too much of the fun out of it for me. :D

Little known forum fact: When The ferret first agreed to be the forum moderator, I wanted to give him the title of Grand Poobah. He of course wouldn't have anything to do with it.
 
Guth_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
Ghis_imp said:
I see that every one has a status below their user name. I finally notice that Guth's says "Forum founder", Le Ferret "forum moderator", then there is first service (for newbies like me I guess :D), but also high mileage, and such. How do those change (except for those in charge of course)? Does it change automatically with time, or is there a place where I can go to modify that?
What's the hierarchy? Is "running like a top" below "high mileage" or the other way around?
It's an identity based on how many posts. Clicks over after you reach various post counts - set by the forum owner, who also chose the titles.

Those are to reflect a bike's life. First service, running like a top, high-mileage...I don't know if with enough posts, you get "fully depreciated" or "junk" under your title...maybe.

Other forums use other titles. Defaults are like NEW MEMBER; VETERAN MEMBER or whatever. Other boards allow users to hang their own title. This one apparently isn't set up to do that.
That would just take too much of the fun out of it for me. :D

Little known forum fact: When The ferret first agreed to be the forum moderator, I wanted to give him the title of Grand Poobah. He of course wouldn't have anything to do with it.
...because he doesn't think it's polite to say "poo".
 
Guth_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
Ghis_imp said:
I see that every one has a status below their user name. I finally notice that Guth's says "Forum founder", Le Ferret "forum moderator", then there is first service (for newbies like me I guess :D), but also high mileage, and such. How do those change (except for those in charge of course)? Does it change automatically with time, or is there a place where I can go to modify that?
What's the hierarchy? Is "running like a top" below "high mileage" or the other way around?
It's an identity based on how many posts. Clicks over after you reach various post counts - set by the forum owner, who also chose the titles.

Those are to reflect a bike's life. First service, running like a top, high-mileage...I don't know if with enough posts, you get "fully depreciated" or "junk" under your title...maybe.

Other forums use other titles. Defaults are like NEW MEMBER; VETERAN MEMBER or whatever. Other boards allow users to hang their own title. This one apparently isn't set up to do that.
That would just take too much of the fun out of it for me. :D

Little known forum fact: When The ferret first agreed to be the forum moderator, I wanted to give him the title of Grand Poobah. He of course wouldn't have anything to do with it.
That would just take too much of the fun out of it for me. :D

Little known forum fact: When The ferret first agreed to be the forum moderator, I wanted to give him the title of Grand Poobah. He of course wouldn't have anything to do with it.
You should have done it! Then we could all be in the Water Buffalo club! When I was I kid I always wanted to have a Water Buffalo Hat like Fred and Barney! :P
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
Ghis_imp said:
I see that every one has a status below their user name. I finally notice that Guth's says "Forum founder", Le Ferret "forum moderator", then there is first service (for newbies like me I guess :D), but also high mileage, and such. How do those change (except for those in charge of course)? Does it change automatically with time, or is there a place where I can go to modify that?
What's the hierarchy? Is "running like a top" below "high mileage" or the other way around?
It's an identity based on how many posts. Clicks over after you reach various post counts - set by the forum owner, who also chose the titles.

Those are to reflect a bike's life. First service, running like a top, high-mileage...I don't know if with enough posts, you get "fully depreciated" or "junk" under your title...maybe.

Other forums use other titles. Defaults are like NEW MEMBER; VETERAN MEMBER or whatever. Other boards allow users to hang their own title. This one apparently isn't set up to do that.
That would just take too much of the fun out of it for me. :D

Little known forum fact: When The ferret first agreed to be the forum moderator, I wanted to give him the title of Grand Poobah. He of course wouldn't have anything to do with it.
That would just take too much of the fun out of it for me. :D

Little known forum fact: When The ferret first agreed to be the forum moderator, I wanted to give him the title of Grand Poobah. He of course wouldn't have anything to do with it.
You should have done it! Then we could all be in the Water Buffalo club! When I was I kid I always wanted to have a Water Buffalo Hat like Fred and Barney! :P
So it wasn't just me? As a kid I aspired to join the Water Buffalo Lodge when I grew up (mostly for the cool hat). Someone eventually explained to me that it was a fictional organization. :( I even knew the song and the secret handshake! :P
 
I thought that's what grown men did. Join either the Water Buffalos or the Racoon Club on the Honey Mooners. :celebrate:
 
Round here you just have to get RLETs. :thumbsup:
 
Well, substitute this forum for the Water Buffalo club and a spiffy helmet for the funky old hat and it's pretty much the same thing more or less. (Just keep telling yourself that.)
 
Or we could just get the real hats :D

I found a place in West Yellowstone, MT that sells them. Here's a friend modeling it :

88d787242de9fda357e404df01314843.jpg


Group buy??? :rofl: :rofl:
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Do you have your RLETs yet? If not, we can't tell you.
RLETs installed! :D
RLETS installed!
Can't wait to be "running like a top"! After the "1st Service Completed", there really should be a "1st valves adjustment completed".
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Or we could just get the real hats :D

I found a place in West Yellowstone, MT that sells them. Here's a friend modeling it :

88d787242de9fda357e404df01314843.jpg


Group buy??? :rofl: :rofl:
That's tempting, but from the reviews I've read it sounds like the model that they sell out near Yosemite would fit my head shape better. :biker:
 
I was hoping that comment wouldn't be totally lost.

Also, it just dawned on me that we can't be Water Buffalo. There's probably a forum for the old Suzuki GT750 somewhere out there on this big ol' world wide web. Undoubtably they already refer to themselves as the Water Buffalo for the sake of the bike.

In the end, I suppose the ferret made the right call afterall. Why am I not surprised? :cool:
 
Ghis_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Do you have your RLETs yet? If not, we can't tell you.
RLETs installed! :D
RLETS installed!
Can't wait to be "running like a top"! After the "1st Service Completed", there really should be a "1st valves adjustment completed".
RLETs installed! :D
RLETS installed!
Can't wait to be "running like a top"! After the "1st Service Completed", there really should be a "1st valves adjustment completed".
Guth is open to adding other levels, I think; he recently added one above "High Mileage" called "Sold CB1100 And Bought A Different Bike, But Like This Forum Too Much To Stop Posting Here"
 
Maybe we could have "High maintenance"?
 
Back
Top