Standard Service Schedule

misterprofessionality

Road warrior
Thread starter
Another all S alliterative post. I think this is my thing.

When I take my CB into the mechanic for regular service they seem to have a kind of schedule from the manufacturer that shows them exactly what mileage triggers a need for what specific regular maintenance. Now I just trust them when they say it needs X or Y at this time, but is there someplace i can get a look at this schedule? googling has not lead me to any specific table or list of services.
 
The service schedule covers two pages in my owners manual.
It should be the same in your owners manual.
I don't think the dealer follows anything different.
 
Thread starter
Rocky_imp said:
The service schedule covers two pages in my owners manual.
It should be the same in your owners manual.
I don't think the dealer follows anything different.
ah. there's the problem. where can I download one of those?
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
I have a new, unused 2014 (U.S.) owners manual for sale if you need one. PM me if you're interested.
er...no thanks. i don't need a hard copy. i'm sure there's a download somewheres, like all things media.
 
Mr. Pro, are you sure you don’t have one? It is normally on the bottom of the seat. If you haven’t, pop off the seat and take a look.
 
Thread starter
I have been under the seat actually, yea. there's where i keep my registration/insurance card in a baggie. There is for sure no manual there. I don't believe i was given one with my materials back when i bought the bike either. It never really came up to look for one until a couple of months ago, when I needed to know something else.
 
The only on-line manual I’ve seen is from an Australian site that Cormanus posted. It is a 2010 though.
 
There may exist an interactive .pdf file of the 2013 English Owners Manual (for UK, France, Europe, South Africa, Ireland, Cyprus)...took me days of web searching to find it several years ago, but now I cannot remember where it came from...possibly the "dark inter-web". :angel:

This file, should it actually exist, could be about 7MB in size, and may have been sent to Mr. P. ;)

If anyone else needs it, just PM me with your e-mail address and it could possibly appear in your inbox...but remember, you didn't get it from me...
 
Thread starter
Gumby 1100_imp said:
There may exist an interactive .pdf file of the 2013 English Owners Manual (for UK, France, Europe, South Africa, Ireland, Cyprus)...took me days of web searching to find it several years ago, but now I cannot remember where it came from...possibly the "dark inter-web". :angel:

This file, should it actually exist, could be about 7MB in size, and may have been sent to Mr. P. ;)

If anyone else needs it, just PM me with your e-mail address and it could possibly appear in your inbox...but remember, you didn't get it from me...
:thumbsup:
 
Gumby, I’ve seen that one too. As I recall it was on a European Honda dealer’s site, so I don’t see any problem posting a link to it here.

2013 Owner’s Manual http://www.hme-tc.be/TRG_LIB/NM2013/CB1100/DOCS/CB1100A_OM_ENG.pdf

2010 Owner’s Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owning_a_honda/owners_manuals/motorcycles/CB1100A2010.pdf

Manuals for some other Honda models are here http://www.hondampe.com.au/repository/owning_a_honda/owners-manuals/motorcycles.aspx

MrP, popgun means under the seat literally. Not in the little container where the tool kit lives, but in a clip on the underside of the seat.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The only on-line manual I’ve seen is from an Australian site that Cormanus posted. It is a 2010 though.
That is all that I have found.
It works for service schedule.
 
I have a printed copy of the service schedule stapled to the garage wall next to my bike. Next to it is a gas mileage chart that I update after every day ride. The chart also includes a column for chain lubrication, my most frequent maintenance item.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
I have a printed copy of the service schedule stapled to the garage wall next to my bike. Next to it is a gas mileage chart that I update after every day ride. The chart also includes a column for chain lubrication, my most frequent maintenance item.
:D:D:D and I thought I was the only one who did things like that.
Some of my friends smirk at my record keeping, but it works for me/us :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Oh, so this is confession time . . . When I buy a new bike, I carefully transcribe all the maintenance requirements into a table with check boxes for each mileage interval and maintain this table in Word format. I print the table each time a maintenance interval comes up, then check off each item and annotate as needed when I do the work. Since I have (currently) six motorcycles, it's important to me to document everything. I cannot possibly remember when I changed final drive oil on one of the BMWs . . .

Since I am a retired engineer who worked extensively in technical writing, I also revise each maintenance sheet as appropriate and give each one a revision level and date.

Now I've come clean . . . ;)
 
On reflection, I’m not going to confess anything here. :D
 
cookiemech_imp said:
Oh, so this is confession time . . . When I buy a new bike, I carefully transcribe all the maintenance requirements into a table with check boxes for each mileage interval and maintain this table in Word format. I print the table each time a maintenance interval comes up, then check off each item and annotate as needed when I do the work. Since I have (currently) six motorcycles, it's important to me to document everything. I cannot possibly remember when I changed final drive oil on one of the BMWs . . .

Since I am a retired engineer who worked extensively in technical writing, I also revise each maintenance sheet as appropriate and give each one a revision level and date.

Now I've come clean . . . ;)
I'm worse than you. I created an Excel database which not only contains the maintenance schedule, but it records each time I have maintenance performed (description, mileage, date, cost). So it not only tracks maintenance history, but it alerts me to the next required maintenance based on the manufacturer's recommended mileage or date intervals. It also tracks mileage history so I can view how much I'm using each vehicle and also determine maintenance cost per mile over the life of the vehicle.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
cookiemech_imp said:
Oh, so this is confession time . . . When I buy a new bike, I carefully transcribe all the maintenance requirements into a table with check boxes for each mileage interval and maintain this table in Word format. I print the table each time a maintenance interval comes up, then check off each item and annotate as needed when I do the work. Since I have (currently) six motorcycles, it's important to me to document everything. I cannot possibly remember when I changed final drive oil on one of the BMWs . . .

Since I am a retired engineer who worked extensively in technical writing, I also revise each maintenance sheet as appropriate and give each one a revision level and date.

Now I've come clean . . . ;)
I'm worse than you. I created an Excel database which not only contains the maintenance schedule, but it records each time I have maintenance performed (description, mileage, date, cost). So it not only tracks maintenance history, but it alerts me to the next required maintenance based on the manufacturer's recommended mileage or date intervals. It also tracks mileage history so I can view how much I'm using each vehicle and also determine maintenance cost per mile over the life of the vehicle.
Love spreadsheets:
Vehicle maint
Major purchases
Watch battery replacement (for the wife)
Tool inventory (for insurance purposes)
Etc.
 
Back
Top