Staintune Discoloration?

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I noticed when looking at my CB from a distance, the Staintune seems to be more gold than the other stainless pieces on the CB, less bright & white.
Anyone have a treatment that will change the color back to what it should be? They are not really dirty, just turning darker...
 
Thread starter
Redbird_imp said:
Well, it is STAINtune. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Noo...it's STA - IN - TUNE

anyway...I'm now thinking they may be chrome, not really Stainless, although may use the same product to clean?
I noticed the "Mothers Mag Aluminum Polish" I have says not for chrome...
Looked up Bombs Away and a couple others...
Capt.Richard's Best
or maybe something like this Bluemagic.
Amazon.com
 
Haven't noticed any discoloring on mine yet, but I copied & pasted this from the Pirates' Lair website:

CLEANING: You may or may not have heard that Staintune pipes turn a golden color after use. This is true. The nature of stainless steel. Some do not like this aspect of it, but in reality, there are at least 4 products on the market that can keep your canister looking new. Staintune's own polish called Liquid Mirror Polish, Wenol or Semi-Chrome Polish, are very good, but we prefer Boms Away. Why? It's an unabrasive liquid and is simply easier to use involving less effort/time. It also leaves a glass-like finish on the metal when done. Of course, all of these polishing compounds do require a little "effort" as the main ingredient.
 
Thread starter
Jim21680_imp said:
Haven't noticed any discoloring on mine yet, but I copied & pasted this from the Pirates' Lair website:

CLEANING: You may or may not have heard that Staintune pipes turn a golden color after use. This is true. The nature of stainless steel. Some do not like this aspect of it, but in reality, there are at least 4 products on the market that can keep your canister looking new. Staintune's own polish called Liquid Mirror Polish, Wenol or Semi-Chrome Polish, are very good, but we prefer Boms Away. Why? It's an unabrasive liquid and is simply easier to use involving less effort/time. It also leaves a glass-like finish on the metal when done. Of course, all of these polishing compounds do require a little "effort" as the main ingredient.
Thanks! I knew I read care instructions somewhere, thought it was Staintune.com, must have forgot where I bought it.
 
Back
Top