Staintune Comparison

What Pterodactyl calls the South Pacific Peso is currently fetching USD0.72095. Your AUD800 Staintune will cost less than USD600. Add shipping and it's still less than USD650.

Folks, it's a great time to buy.

Now all I need is for Staintune to pay me a commission! *sigh*
 
Cormanus is right! Just placed online order for the Staintune direct ($800 AUD for the muffler + $100 AUD international shipping) and conversion through PayPal totals:

From amount $662.58 USD
To amount $900.00 AUD
Exchange rate: 1 USD = 1.35833 AUD

Not cheap, but a lot more reasonable these days.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Well I DID place an online order on 12/21/15 and they did confirm the order back to me, but after that I haven't heard a peep out of Staintune.

No tracking number, etc.

So I've been replying to their email to get an update, as of 1/13/16 not a word.

Any of you guys in Australia know what's up with Staintune? If they don't reply I'm going to have to cancel my order, get a refund via PayPal and probably order a Moriwaki from our friends in Japan.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Huladog, I hope you hear from staintune. I'm thinking of buying one for my 2013. How much is the Moriwaki from Japan? It appears to be smaller in diameter overall.

modmaster
 
Huladog, I was just on their website this morning and the website shows them temporarily out of stock. Perhaps that is why you haven't heard from them for a while. They should at least send you an email to let you know if there is going to be a wait until production ramps up. Some companies are not very worried about customer care. Just saying. Was that price you mentioned $662.58 include shipping? I want one.

modmaster
 
Yes, that $662.58 price included the international shipping.

Yes, I also noticed after I placed my order they posted that it was temporarily out of stock.

Yes, most places will send you a message if there will be any delay, like being out of stock, needing more time to build you one, etc.

I had one of their slip-ons before so I know they put out a really nice product of the highest quality, but I am disappointed in their lack of response and customer service in this instance.

I thought I read somewhere that the company had changed hands and was run by different management, not sure of that so don't quote me on it.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Huladog_imp said:
Well I DID place an online order on 12/21/15 and they did confirm the order back to me, but after that I haven't heard a peep out of Staintune.

No tracking number, etc.

So I've been replying to their email to get an update, as of 1/13/16 not a word.

Any of you guys in Australia know what's up with Staintune? If they don't reply I'm going to have to cancel my order, get a refund via PayPal and probably order a Moriwaki from our friends in Japan.

Aloha,
Huladog
Pterodactyl_imp said:


G'day all,

I have contacted Staintune and I am pleased to say that they have returned from their Christmas break refreshed, reinvigorated and ready to send Huladog his muffler. It sits in dispatch at this very moment. When payment from PayPal is cleared, Hula will receive shipping and tracking details.

Cheers
 
This thread was evil to my wallet...

8fbbb6899923fd6752b31e02f99c4644.jpeg


Thx Ole
 
Your welcome. I laugh my arse off when I see "fragile" on that box. That freaking pipe is so well built it would survive a nuclear blast.

enjoy the pipe Jason I sure did. Makes your CB sound like an inline four should.
 
And here I thought it was from France..... Lol...

The pipe looks awesome... I haven't put that many miles on my CB since buying it from speedgeezer a year ago (got two small boys). The miles I have done have been fun, but yeah it doesn't sound right, too quiet.

I was actually looking at this post, really liking the st almost looks stock, and loving the sound, when I saw you post it up in the for sale section... I didn't think twice

Now I'm po'd that snowmageddon is happening in my area and it's freezing, and I'm sick, or I'd be in the garage and installing it now..
 
AAAARRRRGGHHH. I got the bike but you got the Staintune. Ole if only you had waited one more week.hehe. Just kidding:dodgy: I'm sure there's another Staintune out there with my name on it and it's probably in a box in Australia.

modmaster
 
^^^ And now's a great time to buy, modmaster. The AUD (South Pacific Peso) is worth less than 70 US cents, so do us a favour and help out the economy.


Note: I'm too mean to buy a Staintune and I have no interest in the company.
 
For the immediate future I will have to wait until I can accumulate a few more of those South Pacific Pesos. Heck, I don't even have physical possession of my 2013 CB until March. The dealer is keeping it in storage until then for free. As soon as it starts getting back into the high 40s around here in WI I will have them deliver it. Until then I will keep watching this forum for a used Staintune.

modmaster
 
Back
Top