Stain Magic...Oh Yeah!

Wow, that did a really good job.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wow, that did a really good job.
WOW! No kidding! Impressive results!
I hope to be selling am oem, full exhaust soon. With that product, I'm thinking I can get 3 or 4 times what the exhaust is actually worth. :D
J/K. Thanks for the write-up and tip. :thumbsup: :biker:
 
Fiscy..how much labor was involved,,,I mean was it wipe it on wipe it off, or wipe it on let it sit, scrub rinse, or you need steel wool and a buffer pad on a drill? Did you have to remove the headers? or could it be done on the bike? How long did it take to get these results 20 minutes? a couple hours?
 
Is it as good as Optiglanz?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Fiscy..how much labor was involved,,,I mean was it wipe it on wipe it off, or wipe it on let it sit, scrub rinse, or you need steel wool and a buffer pad on a drill? Did you have to remove the headers? or could it be done on the bike? How long did it take to get these results 20 minutes? a couple hours?
IMO the best way to use this product is to remove the pipe,although it probably would depend on the amount of staining you have, As far as the time and effort,it took about an hour using just a dry cloth for the application and a wet cloth to finish cleaning. Then dry with a towel. Here is where I purchased it http://www.stainmagic.us/. All done by hand with no power tools. The amount of effort was moderate.
 
I would be interested in this product, but it might not be able to be shipped across the border. It's not available here and I can find no Canadian online dealers who carry it.
It would appear it's only available for distribution in the US.
I'll send them an email and see what happens.
 
Rocky_imp said:
I would be interested in this product, but it might not be able to be shipped across the border. It's not available here and I can find no Canadian online dealers who carry it.
It would appear it's only available for distribution in the US.
I'll send them an email and see what happens.
You might want to check the price on Amazon.com first. I was stunned by the cost of that little tube. Then we Canucks have to add 28% currency exchange to the product and shipping costs, and another 13% sales taxes on top of that.:@
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
I would be interested in this product, but it might not be able to be shipped across the border. It's not available here and I can find no Canadian online dealers who carry it.
It would appear it's only available for distribution in the US.
I'll send them an email and see what happens.
You might want to check the price on Amazon.com first. I was stunned by the cost of that little tube. Then we Canucks have to add 28% currency exchange to the product and shipping costs, and another 13% sales taxes on top of that.:@
You might want to check the price on Amazon.com first. I was stunned by the cost of that little tube. Then we Canucks have to add 28% currency exchange to the product and shipping costs, and another 13% sales taxes on top of that.:@
Thanks for that.
I have found out they do ship to Canada, but as you said, those extra costs are giving me second thoughts.
 
Looks great. I use SemiChrome and the pipes come out great. This is pretty labor intensive and usually takes about 1 hr of effort using the polishing paste and 0000 steel wool. Problem is that as soon as you heat cycle the bike a few times the sporting or leopard spots will return. I even tried using some Shark Hyde metal protectant on my pipes one time after cleaning them and thought I had a permanent solution but the heat was too intense and the coating burns off. Best solution I have found is to clean the pipes and then wipe them down with WD40 after each ride. The pipes will turn a nice golden brown but will not spot and discolor. Good luck with it.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
It really does look great. But you lost me at "about an hour." I'm so pathetic.
I can understand that. At the moment my headers are covered in mud. When I wash that off, in a day or two, they will possibly, no, certainly, look good enough for me to leave them "au natural".

Cheers
 
I have been wanting to try this, please give me, us a report, such as how many miles did it take it to turn bronze again and did the liver spot come back.....Thanks
 
Back
Top