Squealing Front Brakes Just Before Complete Stop

Yeah, I believe an illuminated or flashing ABS indicator after initial start-up motion suggests something is wrong. I think (?) the ABS system also disables so normal braking may continue to operate.
 
My light is normal in that respect. Comes on with ignition, goes out at 6 mph.
 
You could try stopping and see what happens, Ferret. :D
 
You get to start again? :cool:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You could try stopping and see what happens, Ferret. :D
Says the guy that has me beat by about 3000 miles on our mileage tracker lol
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Yeah, I believe an illuminated or flashing ABS indicator after initial start-up motion suggests something is wrong. I think (?) the ABS system also disables so normal braking may continue to operate.
Yes, this. Should come on at start and go away after 20mph (per the manual for the '17) but if it's malfunctioning it'll flash after that and ABS is disabled (brakes are simple hydraulics though so they still work as if you have no ABS).
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
You could try stopping and see what happens, Ferret. :D
Says the guy that has me beat by about 3000 miles on our mileage tracker lol
Says the guy that has me beat by about 3000 miles on our mileage tracker lol
I've been ahead of you before early in the year, but you always catch me and finish way ahead.
 
Back
Top