brakes simulating T.Rex

j3gq_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Help please !
Brakes works perfectly fine all the way between 210km/h and 10 miles per hour. But when I slow down in front of a traffic light, just before coming to a stop, my front wheel brake sounds like T.Rex on a hunt. Grannies jump of the curb, dogs howl, and my Honda shop says, "this it hard to come by, ... may be a little Aluminum grease ever couple of days, and right after every rain shower."
Excuse me ? How many Honda/s have been cruising our streets and making this awful noise ? None ! I haven't seen any in the past 30 years while admiring these beauties on wheels.

Any technical hint, answer, suggestion more then welcome. What am I gonna tell this Honda shop when they suggest again to carry a grease can to feed this dinosaur ?
Thanks you!
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
j3gq, if your bike is a 2017 EX, start here, http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12241

Secondly, does it really travel at 210 km/h? Has it had the ECM reflashed? I was under the impression that all CB1100s came from the factory speed limited to 180 km/h.
I am sure you are right when it comes to the ECM specs, no mods on my bike. When I tried a nice straight of German motorway (safely, I promis) I didn't notice anything strange when the speedometer went past 180.
 
Interesting. Thanks j3gq.
 
j3gq_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
j3gq, if your bike is a 2017 EX, start here, http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12241

Secondly, does it really travel at 210 km/h? Has it had the ECM reflashed? I was under the impression that all CB1100s came from the factory speed limited to 180 km/h.
I am sure you are right when it comes to the ECM specs, no mods on my bike. When I tried a nice straight of German motorway (safely, I promis) I didn't notice anything strange when the speedometer went past 180.
I am sure you are right when it comes to the ECM specs, no mods on my bike. When I tried a nice straight of German motorway (safely, I promis) I didn't notice anything strange when the speedometer went past 180.
The "strangeness", I believe, happens on North American CB1100s.
 
I'm pretty sure it happens on Australian ones too and I recall some reports from the UK that it happened there as well.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I'm pretty sure it happens on Australian ones too and I recall some reports from the UK that it happened there as well.
Clarity: I was referring to the "180 km/h strangeness". (speed limitation)
 
I thought that.
 
Back
Top