Spotted DLX.

dsan1964_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Driving to work and spotted a deluxe! The owner came out said he had been hunting for a few years for one ... got it about 5 months ago...picked it up out of Tennessee
82b167a29149babdee93db20aaca0208.jpg
9ec5bb58d37f375b2909a4006f41fa51.jpg
9cb1d40b32c0a55646c90182f14dc32f.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
dsan1964_imp said:
Driving to work and spotted a deluxe! The owner came out said he had been hunting for a few years for one ... got it about 5 months ago...picked it up out of Tennessee
82b167a29149babdee93db20aaca0208.jpg
9ec5bb58d37f375b2909a4006f41fa51.jpg
9cb1d40b32c0a55646c90182f14dc32f.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ask him if he was a forum member or knew about the forum?
 
Yeah, I hope you invited him to join!
 
Thread starter
He said he had looked around here. Yes I asked him to join...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have seen one other deluxe up at Alice's earlier this year.. so I think I have seen 3..


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I think only 300 for US.

Nice to see that one local. Can't remember seeing any DLXs out and about in these parts, which seems odd.
 
From what I remember, dealers had to pre-order them and apparently the number was 300. My dealer ordered none.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
From what I remember, dealers had to pre-order them and apparently the number was 300. My dealer ordered none.
Hmmmmmm - just went wandering thru the "registry" and largest # I saw for the Deluxe is 299. Mine is 226. I know that this registry is not the last word in production numbers, but it's a very good indication......

Thanks
 
Cool! I see this same bike in my garage every day :D

I've had mine for 2 1/2 years now and I think I may have, one time, maybe, out of the corner of my eye, seen a 2014 Standard speed by.

I won't swear to it though.
 
300 Deluxes is all they brought into the states? Wow...that sounds like a really low number. I wonder what that means for collectibility in the future?
 
It likely points towards collectibility, but not necessarily a high price. It will take quite a few years for that to be determined. But there's no question the DLX is rare. Makes you wonder why they didn't make more of them and less of the standard.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Desirable, perhaps in the sense that a GB500 or W650 is desirable today, but I'm not sure about collectible. I will generalize and suggest that folks who bought DLX's probably owned, or aspired to own, a Honda Four back in the '70's. In twenty years from now, will that same demographic still be buying motorcycles? I'm guessing not, nor am I convinced that today's twenty-somethings, who grew up playing video games, will even relate to the CB.

Growing up, the older kids in high school drove hot rods from the '30's and '40's. Today, kids want Mustangs, Camaro's and Honda Civics (I think). If Ford introduced a retro 1928 Model A today, would there be a demographic who'd buy it? I'm guessing not -- they're all dead!
 
Capo_imp said:
It likely points towards collectibility, but not necessarily a high price. It will take quite a few years for that to be determined. But there's no question the DLX is rare. Makes you wonder why they didn't make more of them and less of the standard.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a really good question, I reckon. Had it been me, I'd have made more DLXs than standards. Of course, it may be that it was a deliberate strategy to make that model a bit rare.

It wold be so interesting to have accurate world-wide sales figures for all models.
 
ride4now_imp said:
300 Deluxes is all they brought into the states? Wow...that sounds like a really low number. I wonder what that means for collectibility in the future?

How much do you think a bug encrusted, slightly dinged, 100,000 mile collectible DLX will be worth to my son when I leave it to him :rofl:
 
Anything dads leave to their sons is valuable beyond measure. Except the bill for the funeral.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yeah that's what ya get when on the iPhone and working... is quick post. Lol. But at least you looked.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top