Spotted an HD Street 750 today.

flynrider

Road warrior
Thread starter
I was leaving work this afternoon and spotted a new bike in the motorcycle parking area. Turned out to be one of the new HD Street 750s.

I've been seeing these online since last year, but this is the first one I've seen in person. Overall it looks like a nice bike. The build quality is quite good. With water cooling, 4 valves/cyl. and FI, this looks like it may be the future of HD. I'll have to find out who it belongs to and see if I can wangle a short ride.

eecaf6b8af365afa1983746ac15fc0e3.jpg
 
I never see it mentioned in any reviews, so maybe I'm the only one....but I think the fuel tanks on those things look bizarro, especially viewed from the top.
 
I saw one at a stealership and it looked pretty good. Its not for me but HD is evolving as a company finally and looking for younger buyers. I would not trade my NH 750 for 3 of them but thats me. 10-20 year old technology trumps what they have come up with today from a pure performance stand point and in a huge way. But that is not what HD is about. Its image and name and that does not appeal to me.

Still, its a pretty good effort imo to appeal to younger buyers.
 
I think the main objective for HD is to increase their global market. The bike is being built in India, and with the lower price etc. it is probably expected to do quite well in some of the large emerging markets there like India, Indonesia etc. Old markets like Europe and the US will probably more see the Sportster remain as the entry level HD.
 
To find the owner, look for the guy wearing skinny leg jeans and lots of tattoos. HD's aspirational demographic is urban hipsters.

IIRC, the bike is "built' in the US from parts made in India...a startling reversal of classic colonial economics.

As for me, I'm "doing the needful" and learning Hindi.
 
According to HD, they are built in the US for US market and India for the rest of the world. Hoping to ride one either at Daytona Fall Cycle Scene or the AIM Expo in Orlando in a few weeks. Will keep you posted ;)
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
According to HD, they are built in the US for US market and India for the rest of the world. Hoping to ride one either at Daytona Fall Cycle Scene or the AIM Expo in Orlando in a few weeks. Will keep you posted ;)
Geezer, I'll be in Daytona Friday 10/17 (probably around the track) and at AIM Saturday and possibly Sunday the 18th & 19th. PM me if you want to meet up.
 
I think India has tougher trade regs to protect their companies, something like it has to be built in India to be sold in India to avoid really high tariffs?
 
Thread starter
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
According to HD, they are built in the US for US market and India for the rest of the world. Hoping to ride one either at Daytona Fall Cycle Scene or the AIM Expo in Orlando in a few weeks. Will keep you posted ;)
Correct. Euro and Asia Streets will be built at the Harley factory in Bawal, like their other non-North America bikes. U.S. and Canadian Street models are built in the Kansas City factory. According to the pre-release info, the 750 was supposed to go for around $7500 and the 500 for $6700.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
According to HD, they are built in the US for US market and India for the rest of the world. Hoping to ride one either at Daytona Fall Cycle Scene or the AIM Expo in Orlando in a few weeks. Will keep you posted ;)
Correct. Euro and Asia Streets will be built at the Harley factory in Bawal, like their other non-North America bikes. U.S. and Canadian Street models are built in the Kansas City factory. According to the pre-release info, the 750 was supposed to go for around $7500 and the 500 for $6700.
Correct. Euro and Asia Streets will be built at the Harley factory in Bawal, like their other non-North America bikes. U.S. and Canadian Street models are built in the Kansas City factory. According to the pre-release info, the 750 was supposed to go for around $7500 and the 500 for $6700.
Well not as bad as the Yamaha 400 going for $5990.00. Just sayin'
 
When I was shopping for what ended up being my CB1100, my dad was pushing pretty hard for me to get a Harley. This bike was the only one at the whole dealership that I really considered. It's got a great low center of gravity and a better riding position than other Harleys. The ergonomics were just awful for me, being over 6 feet, though. My knees were practically touching my chest with the stock seat.
 
Back
Top