Sport Touring CB1100

I was joking with my friend recently about taking his fairing off the ol 76' he got from his dad and throwing on my bike.
That looks awesome though. Good call
 
A trip back in time. Looks great. It fact it looks like it was made for your bike.

So the question is........can you smoke a cigarette while riding? :)
 
I really liked my old Windjammer. Wonder how that would be?
 
That's what I'd call "thinking out if the box.". Very cool and unique.

Does it mount to the frame vs. the forks? Seems like it wuould have to given the size . What are the three gauges? They make a neat cockpit, no doubt.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I really liked my old Windjammer. Wonder how that would be?
I was mindful of the same. The Windjammer was a fantastic fairing and would make the CB a tourer with generous wind protection. Had a Windjammer on my '73 BMW and my wife's '79 KZ650.
 
Thread starter
The Vesco Rabid Transit fairing is from circa 1980, and it combines aerodynamics and comfort for the rider. Don Vesco was a famous racer from California that built the worlds fastest motorcycles and held the ultimate land speed records (LSR) for 2 wheeled motorcycles at Bonneville several times. The fairing adds 15% top end speed and 10% increased fuel economy, plus it is absolutely sensational to ride behind.
It cleverly uses the Vetter frame mount bracketry from the same era. I modified a 1980 GS1000 bracket (whose frame is pretty close dimensionally to the 2013 CB1100) with some cutting and welding to accommodate the CB1100 oil cooler.
This is a the 4th motorcycle I've mounted a Vesco fairing in the past 35 years. Many memorable sport-tours in that time, and more to come. Grand Canyon, Montana, Black Hills, California, here I come.
 
Hallo Max - and welcome :hello: please post up an intro in the new member section
 
Hullo, and welcome maxitano. An EX! Is that our first?
 
736cc_imp said:
Shadetree_imp said:
I really dig it. Cool and Old school.
Smooth and stable w/o wind buffeting while bumping into the speed limiter on an abandoned airport runway.
Smooth and stable w/o wind buffeting while bumping into the speed limiter on an abandoned airport runway.
Now THAT had to be fun!
 
Back
Top