Spoilt for choice?

Thread starter
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Not sure any bike with a "Mode" button can be considered a retro ride :dodgy:
But they sure are lovely!
Not sure any bike with a "Mode" button can be considered a retro ride :dodgy:
But they sure are lovely!
True Bob, but where is the line in the sand? EFI? (I loved synching carbies). Disk brakes? Even hydraulic clutches and brakes? Radial mixed compound tyres? etc. etc.

I guess if you look at a bike and it triggers the that reminds me of (here insert any model or style from a bygone era) response, it qualifies as a retro. Since I’ve owned the CB there have been many, many people approach me with a “back in the good old bad old days I owned a CB 750” greeting. So many, in fact, that I suspect that it exceeds the number ever manufactured and shipped to Oz. Even accounting for resales :). The CB, by my definition, qualifies.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Not sure any bike with a "Mode" button can be considered a retro ride :dodgy:
But they sure are lovely!
Not sure any bike with a "Mode" button can be considered a retro ride :dodgy:
But they sure are lovely!
True Bob, but where is the line in the sand? EFI? (I loved synching carbies). Disk brakes? Even hydraulic clutches and brakes? Radial mixed compound tyres? etc. etc.

I guess if you look at a bike and it triggers the that reminds me of (here insert any model or style from a bygone era) response, it qualifies as a retro. Since I’ve owned the CB there have been many, many people approach me with a “back in the good old bad old days I owned a CB 750” greeting. So many, in fact, that I suspect that it exceeds the number ever manufactured and shipped to Oz. Even accounting for resales :). The CB, by my definition, qualifies.

Cheers
Not sure any bike with a "Mode" button can be considered a retro ride :dodgy:
But they sure are lovely!
True Bob, but where is the line in the sand? EFI? (I loved synching carbies). Disk brakes? Even hydraulic clutches and brakes? Radial mixed compound tyres? etc. etc.

I guess if you look at a bike and it triggers the that reminds me of (here insert any model or style from a bygone era) response, it qualifies as a retro. Since I’ve owned the CB there have been many, many people approach me with a “back in the good old bad old days I owned a CB 750” greeting. So many, in fact, that I suspect that it exceeds the number ever manufactured and shipped to Oz. Even accounting for resales :). The CB, by my definition, qualifies.

Cheers
I totally agree. I was just poking fun.
Hope you are well and staying away from the fires. Y'all have been in our prayers.
 
Back
Top