Speed limiter

kslmerkon_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
HI, I have just joined this forum in the hope of finding out a bit about a speed limiter on the CB1100 2014/15 bikes that I have read in a review article.
I am think of buying the 2015 deluxe model but am a bit hesitant because of the speed limiter. Is there a way to undo the speed limiter?

Thanks
 
Howdy and welcome to the forum. Ok couple things. First off there are no 2015s. Honda didnt release a 2015 model except in Japan. There are some left over 2014 stds but the dlx's appear to be gone. Not sure if there are any 2013s in dealer showrooms, but if there are they will be the non abs models.

The speed limiter is set at the Japanese National Speed Limit of 180 kph or 112 mph. There is a company in PA I believe that will reflash the ecu removing the speet limiter and the rev limiter in the lower 3 gears. i believe that runs about $375.
 
Home - Guhl Motors

Don Guhl can reflash your ECU and the remove speed limiter and move the rev limits if desired. And other things that I can't remember.

His website says they are moving to a larger shop so be patient in trying to get hold of him. It is my understanding that he is not a big computer guy, so I would call. There are a number of forum members who have had their ECUs reflashed and discussed it on here. I haven't as, well, I'll probably never go that fast :)

Ferret, KS is in Malaysia. Do they get the 2015?
 
Ahh did not notice that popgun. I don't think so. He mentioned getting a DLX (probably what confused me). I would also think Malaysia would get EXs and not DLXs. Wonder if they have a nat'l speed limit in Malaysia?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ahh did not notice that popgun. I don't think so. He mentioned getting a DLX (probably what confused me). I would also think Malaysia would get EXs and not DLXs. Wonder if they have a nat'l speed limit in Malaysia?
all the cb1100 in Malaysia are all grey import units. Honda motorcycle malaysia does not carry it officially. Since there is a multiple number of independent importers, some might be new and some are pre-owned units and it could come from all corners of the earth.

generally, from what i have noticed in recent years is that brand new cb1100ex/cb1100 units are from japan / asian countries with speed limiters. Malaysia has a 110km/h ( 68mp/h ) limit on the highways officially.
 
Thanks for the info Scooticus
 
Reflashing the ECU may be one solultion for
overcoming the speed limiter.

In Germany some drivers use a self-learning
Vmax-Modul SLVM-1.

It works for a speed open ride.

Wisedrum
 
New member. 24. Recently acquired a '13 CB1100A as a trade in to the dealer I work at. 3k on the clock, yoshimura full system, windshield, luggage rack, $4k. Speedo had to be replaced since the PO broke it. I'm hoping to remove the timing retard, and top speed limiter, but I'm curious to know if anyone tried to go thru Honda for a reflash authorization? I work at a Honda (and Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha) dealership, so for the free 10 minutes on the phone to Honda tech-line, I figured it's worth a shot. I heard people had success in Europe going thru their dealers.
 
Dont think anyone on this forum has gone thru a dealer/american Hnda for a reflash and havent heard that route mentioned from any of our members from 21 countries. Worth a call for you I suppose then you can tell us for sure if it's possible pusuing. Personally I doubt that would happen. never know though.

How does one break a speedometer, did the PO say?
 
JDuBz92_imp said:
New member. 24. Recently acquired a '13 CB1100A as a trade in to the dealer I work at. 3k on the clock, yoshimura full system, windshield, luggage rack, $4k. Speedo had to be replaced since the PO broke it. I'm hoping to remove the timing retard, and top speed limiter, but I'm curious to know if anyone tried to go thru Honda for a reflash authorization? I work at a Honda (and Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha) dealership, so for the free 10 minutes on the phone to Honda tech-line, I figured it's worth a shot. I heard people had success in Europe going thru their dealers.
Reflash is illegal for street use. You just do it and take your chances with warranty, emissions, or whatever. Can't say about Malaysia or any other locale but USA though but the there should be some language on the motorcycle somewhere explaining the situation.
 
The Guhl flash is awesome, but for guys who already have a PCV and custom tune, it kinda sucks because you're basically paying $400 just to remove the speed limiter. If Honda could just delete it on the spot for .5-1 hour labour charge that would be awesome.
 
kmoney_imp said:
The Guhl flash is awesome, but for guys who already have a PCV and custom tune, it kinda sucks because you're basically paying $400 just to remove the speed limiter. If Honda could just delete it on the spot for .5-1 hour labour charge that would be awesome.
That would not be an authorized procedure.

If it's that important to get a few mph more out of the bike one might just as well have the whole flash done and really liven the thing up.
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
Welcome kslmerkon,
I've had the ecu refreshed and the rev limiter raised 500 rpm.
Plus minor tweaks to the mapping.
IMO, worth it ;)
HI could you please tell me what kind of top speed you are getting with the tune and your mods.

I plan on doing the same to mine.

thanks
 
An ECU reflash by Don Guhl can fix that...
 
paul kellam_imp said:
had my 2013 up to 110 mph today couldn't go any faster
Your bike is stock that's the speed limiter 170kph or 110mph, I am curious someone must have gone faster this bike should do at least 140mph I would say.
 
I know MotoGeezer has done 135 with his reflashed dlx.
 
Back
Top