Sparky's New Ride

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
When you pray about something it may happen fast.

Saw an ad for a 2013 CB, low mileage, one owner, garage kept, new tires and battery. Picking it up Monday, woohoo. Sparky is most pleased.
 
Congratulations Sparky and redbirds. I was going to suggest one of you put a scratch in the tank so you know whose is whose, but luckily I recalled you’d painted your side covers. :P
 
Outstanding! You & Sparky should ride up for some Fresh Air Bar-B-Q or Buckners Family Restaurant (Lazy Susan buffet) this spring and we can ride a few historic scenic Hwys in the area.
 
powerdogg11_imp said:
Outstanding! You & Sparky should ride up for some Fresh Air Bar-B-Q or Buckners Family Restaurant (Lazy Susan buffet) this spring and we can ride a few historic scenic Hwys in the area.
Did anyone say BBQ?
:D
 
Thread starter
Nemo_imp said:
powerdogg11_imp said:
Outstanding! You & Sparky should ride up for some Fresh Air Bar-B-Q or Buckners Family Restaurant (Lazy Susan buffet) this spring and we can ride a few historic scenic Hwys in the area.
Did anyone say BBQ?
:D
Did anyone say BBQ?
:D
An outstanding idea, BBQ'd beast is always on the menu. Let's do it.
 
powerdogg11_imp said:
Outstanding! You & Sparky should ride up for some Fresh Air Bar-B-Q or Buckners Family Restaurant (Lazy Susan buffet) this spring and we can ride a few historic scenic Hwys in the area.
In the early 80s Penny and I used to stop at the Georgia Pig just across the Georgia border on I-95 on our way home from Florida. Pretty scary the first time when the door slammed shut behind us and we couldn't see anything until our eyes adjusted to the dark. But the smoke and smell of the BBQ convinced us we were in the right place.

A decade or so back, I went to take some friends there after the Daytona bike races, but it was closed. I see now that it is has moved to Jacksonville.
 
Thread starter
Nortoon_imp said:
powerdogg11_imp said:
Outstanding! You & Sparky should ride up for some Fresh Air Bar-B-Q or Buckners Family Restaurant (Lazy Susan buffet) this spring and we can ride a few historic scenic Hwys in the area.
In the early 80s Penny and I used to stop at the Georgia Pig just across the Georgia border on I-95 on our way home from Florida. Pretty scary the first time when the door slammed shut behind us and we couldn't see anything until our eyes adjusted to the dark. But the smoke and smell of the BBQ convinced us we were in the right place.

A decade or so back, I went to take some friends there after the Daytona bike races, but it was closed. I see now that it is has moved to Jacksonville.
That was at the US17 exit near Brunswick. When I worked in Brunswick that was a regular lunch spot for our crew. Next time you come through check out Willie Jewel's BBQ just a wee bit south of there at the Yulee, FL exit, turn east on A1A and a few blocks to US17 Intersection. Really fine BBQ at this place but not the "backwoods" atmosphere of The Pig.
 
That's awesome birds. Congrats Sparky!
 
Nemo_imp said:
powerdogg11_imp said:
Outstanding! You & Sparky should ride up for some Fresh Air Bar-B-Q or Buckners Family Restaurant (Lazy Susan buffet) this spring and we can ride a few historic scenic Hwys in the area.
Did anyone say BBQ?
:D
Did anyone say BBQ?
:D
Yes-sir and you're always welcome!
 
...somebody said
BBQ?

37c567a8b0be0c624de9edae8ec9c299.jpg


:heart::heart: :beerchug:

This is where we bbq when we go hit the twisties...
1c9f02c106c2417d759ab29631605266.jpg
 
Thread starter
jedd_imp said:
...somebody said
BBQ?

37c567a8b0be0c624de9edae8ec9c299.jpg


:heart::heart: :beerchug:

This is where we bbq when we go hit the twisties...
1c9f02c106c2417d759ab29631605266.jpg
I know about Coopers, been by there once but didn't stop; wish I had because they have a fine reputation. Texas Hill Country is my favorite place to ride, great roads, great food and Texans are the world's friendliest folks. We need to have a Forum rally there.
 
Your mission, Mr redbirds, should you choose to accept it, is to organise the 2019 rally! :D
 
Thread starter
We drive to Tampa tomorrow to pick up Sparky's "new" CB1100 and have a potential buyer for her V-strom driving down from NC later this week. Things are happening fast.
Cormanus_imp said:
Your mission, Mr redbirds, should you choose to accept it, is to organise the 2019 rally! :D
Okay, but you and Ptero have to make it.
 
jedd_imp said:
...somebody said
BBQ?

37c567a8b0be0c624de9edae8ec9c299.jpg


:heart::heart: :beerchug:

This is where we bbq when we go hit the twisties...
1c9f02c106c2417d759ab29631605266.jpg
I preferred the Cooper's located in Mason. In Llano I'd get distracted by the BBQ at Lairds and Inman's Kitchen. (And while I never liked their BBQ as much I always got a kick out of Brother's). A good BBQ joint always make for a great road trip stop. Love the pic of the bikes parked with the pit in the background.

By the way redbirds, also looking forward to seeing pics of the "new ride".
 
Thread starter
Got in late last night after our turn and burn to Tampa, Fl. Sparky is thrilled with the new CB and is already planning the mods to make it her's. The former owner (Thanks Hunter) was careful about having all scheduled maintenance done thus bike has had a recent valve check, oil change and new plugs done by the dealer. Bike is pristine and looks like new.

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/stumps...t=2&page=1
 
Nice one, Sparky. I’m very pleased for you.
 
Back
Top