Spark Plugs for CB1100?

Jayimpalaman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Okay everyone, hold-on to your seat!! One (ea.) spark plug for the CB1100 cost $almost $20.00 ea. And to think I wanted a Honda because my 2011 BMW 1200R cost a lot to have. Goodies, etc.... Anyway, that is what my parts guy at my Honda dealer informed me just a few days ago. I just told him I would clean the old ones for now! He said they came to about $19.86 per plug. He also told me that he has seen some plugs that cost up to $30.00 a piece (ea) on some models. I am thinking maybe other brands besides Honda. But, I could be wrong on that one. Be careful out there!! And sit back down!!! God Bless..



Jayimpalaman
 
Jayimpalaman_imp said:
Okay everyone, hold-on to your seat!! One (ea.) spark plug for the CB1100 cost $almost $20.00 ea. And to think I wanted a Honda because my 2011 BMW 1200R cost a lot to have. Goodies, etc.... Anyway, that is what my parts guy at my Honda dealer informed me just a few days ago. I just told him I would clean the old ones for now! He said they came to about $19.86 per plug. He also told me that he has seen some plugs that cost up to $30.00 a piece (ea) on some models. I am thinking maybe other brands besides Honda. But, I could be wrong on that one. Be careful out there!! And sit back down!!! God Bless..



Jayimpalaman
You would think for that price you'd get platinum or iridium plated long life plugs, but (like me) you'd be wrong. The only real difference between the CB1100 plugs and a standard $5 plug is the longer nose.

I used to fascinate my friends by pointing out how I had to pay absurd prices for aircraft parts. Aircraft spark plugs run $28 a piece. Who would have thought Honda would make that look reasonable :(
 
The link isn't out of date because I just looked it up. They must not allow linking and that's why I posted the price I found. I left the link so anyone can search their phish for prices on stuff.
 
Jayimpalaman_imp said:
Okay everyone, hold-on to your seat!! One (ea.) spark plug for the CB1100 cost $almost $20.00 ea. And to think I wanted a Honda because my 2011 BMW 1200R cost a lot to have. Goodies, etc.... Anyway, that is what my parts guy at my Honda dealer informed me just a few days ago. I just told him I would clean the old ones for now! He said they came to about $19.86 per plug. He also told me that he has seen some plugs that cost up to $30.00 a piece (ea) on some models. I am thinking maybe other brands besides Honda. But, I could be wrong on that one. Be careful out there!! And sit back down!!! God Bless..



Jayimpalaman
How often they need replaced?
 
That is an interesting question. Book says to check them at 8,000 miles.
 
Randy B_imp said:
That is an interesting question. Book says to check them at 8,000 miles.
Thanks, Randy, my manual is under the seat in my garage and I am too occupied to go down and take it off! I've got a ways to go, only at 3500 miles or so.

Looks like I may need to replace the plugs on my FZ8, though, as apparently they need it at 8,000 miles, too, and I'm just about there.
 
I'm at 18,000 and haven't pulled them. Right now the bike is in for repairs and the second valve check, but I won't have them check the plugs because it was running just fine.
 
With out fuel now days and EFI plugs in cars 100,000 miles. Honda says check!! Should last atleast 30,000 to. 50,000. I would pull plugs and put antisieze lube on them after so many miles of been very hot to very cold could be hard to get out of aluminum head.
Not with out fuel
With the fuel
 
Back
Top