the Ferret
Road warrior
Looks like a big version of Angry Bird lol. Eventually you quit looking at them and just ride them.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Nachodaddy said:Gone, how was the wind protection? Could you feel the heat from the engine? Not that I'll be riding one anytime soon, but curious. Thanks.
tdbru said:Gn60,
what about this. a light sport tourer (good commuter) based on your beloved 650 V-twin?
2026 Suzuki SV-7GX First Look
-tdbru
Gone in 60 said:I just did a thing.
Congrats on the new ride. Davidrdprdp01 said:I believe motorcycles choose us as much as we choose them. You two will be happy for many, many miles and years.Congrats on the new ride. David
Thank you! I think the owner was happy with the sale. I enjoyed meeting him, and due to his close proximity to the museum and his very pleasant demeanor, I invited him to come for a tour. He’s the one person I’ve ever purchased a vehicle from who I’d consider keeping in touch with.rdprdp01 said:What a great start and how appropriate that it occurred during Thanksgiving weekend. I am sure the prior owner is glad his motorcycle will be properly attended to by a good man who knows how to care for it. As for you, it is the perfect compliment to your CB1100. And we all turn to the Ferret for guidance! Life is good. Congratulations.
Gone in 60 said:Thanks, guys. I’ve always admired the red and silver 2018 NC750x. When I worked in drag racing, one of the racers used one in the pits and I always liked it. I figured if a clean one came up near me, I’d go check it out.
Meanwhile, I’ve been private messaging Ferret for his advice about the NC, and he has given me a great deal of counsel - thank you, sir!
One came about a month ago, and it was low mileage but was a bit too dinged up for my taste. This one came up early this week, and it’s a manual, which I’d prefer over the DCT. Located in a neighborhood of downtown LA that’s near where we’re doing extended-family Second Thanksgiving over the weekend.
The seller seemed very nice, and we met up today. I figured if it worked out, I could grab it, store it at our cousins’ place till Thanksgiving festivities end on Sunday evening and ride it home. Meanwhile, a friend with garage space is standing by with temporary storage till we can get back down to Mom’s. I figure on leaving the Enfield at Mom’s. It will come in handy as we spend more time down there. Much back-end coordination took place to make this happen…
The NC is clean with only 1700 miles. It has a Shad seat, Givi tall screen, and is lowered. Not 100% cosmetically perfect, but I’ve learned that this is not a CB1100, it’s more of an appliance made for use. Still, it’s nice enough for me, and once I get a chance to detail it, it will be more than fine. I am way too picky.
The seller was a very kind gentleman who has decided to give up riding due to increasing medical issues. He threw in a shop manual, the original dog bones in case I want to lift it to stock height and some other goodies like a very pretty frunk liner.
Rode around a while before reporting to the cousins’ for a nice evening before tomorrow’s festivities. Jury is out on the lowering. I’m short and can flat-foot it easily. We’ll see about that.
I jumped on the freeway and found it very comfortable. It’s not even breaking a sweat at high speeds, which will make it perfect for my long commute.
Gone in 60 said:. When I worked in drag racing, one of the racers used one in the pits and I always liked it.
Whoops said:Pretty! Out of curiosity, what’s the reason you prefer a manual over a DCT? Just curious.
misterprofessionality said:Gone in 60 said:. When I worked in drag racing, one of the racers used one in the pits and I always liked it.
Read this whole story and im still stuck on the concept of the guy with the 750cc pit bike
Lord Popgun said:Congrats Gone! Hope you enjoy it and post up more about it as you start using it.
Over the Thanksgiving period I bought a 2019 Lexus GX 460 at the dealer. They didn’t offer me any tours…
Gone in 60 said:Come to LA and I’ll throw in your free tour.
