Someone talk me out of...

[quote="misterprofessionality" pid='271287' dateline='1760038656']
That's not a bad idea. I just so happen to have a spare one...
[/QUOTE]

Has the new one arrived yet?
 
Here's something to further complicate things:  This 2013 with 15k miles (and no rear fender) just showed up on OfferUp yesterday for $2500.

[attachment=813]
 

Attachments

  • Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    114.6 KB · Views: 45
Thread starter
Took a look at that CB1100 on OfferUp. There's a reason it's listed at $2500. It's been stored outside near the beach and looks pretty much like a bike that was stored outdoors near the beach...
 
Thread starter
If I were in the market for another CB1100, that would be very compelling!
 
Thread starter
So, noodling over the NC 750X, Versys 650 and V-Strom 650. All available in my area with decently low mileage. Each well reviewed on the web with their pluses and minuses.

And all called “The best all-rounder you can buy.”
 
Gone in 60 said:
So, noodling over the NC 750X, Versys 650 and V-Strom 650. All available in my area with decently low mileage. Each well reviewed on the web with their pluses and minuses.

And all called “The best all-rounder you can buy.”

Have you considered the MT-07?  A Moto Guzzi V-7?  A Ducati Scrambler (Nightshift is my favorite)? 

hahaha....I jest.  

I'd wager which ever bike you choose, you'll end up thinking you got "the best all-rounder".  Since they are all good, how about other factors?  Likely, you've already considered: Aesthetics? Do all come with luggage?  Is one easier (harder) to work on?  Does one particular bike have a new set of tires?  Does one brand pull at the heart just a little more than the others, even if it's a few hundred more?  In then end, if you were less than happy with the one you choose, you could sell and try one of the others in a year or two.

Good luck!  Will be fun to see which one you go with--if you do add another--and what you think of it in time.
 
I don't think you could go wrong with any of them Gone. We've had all three in the family and they all did what we asked of them.

I love my NC 750X and nephews have sung the praises of their SV/Gadius and Versys 650's. (We've also had the Guzzi V7 in the family)

and yea toss the MT 07 into the mix too although there will be few of them around one would think. (other than a test ride my family has no experience with them, but by all reports nice bikes.)
 
Thread starter
MT07 wouldn’t be on the list, as it’s not going to offer any more wind protection or comfort than my current bikes. Interestingly, took a long hike through LA last night and MT07s with large insulated boxes on the back are very popular for food delivery.

I have a list of considerations for each of these bikes, and a list of contenders I’m planning to look at. And, I appreciate all of the input here!
 
A BMW F900XR should be on your watch list too if you're willing to venture outside of Japan
 
the Ferret said:
A BMW F900XR should be on your watch list too if you're willing to venture outside of Japan

I can second that! I am having one in my stable since begin of July, put already 9,400 km on it.

PXL_20250710_105744267.jpg
 
Thread starter
Thanks, but I've done BMWs, and anything recent, low-mile and clean would be out of my budget for this project.
 
Thread starter
m in sc said:
my buddy Jimmy paid just 3k for his versys w lessthan 6k on it. they are out there

There are deals to be had! I'm stalking a few right now. Been too busy to act on them till I can free up some time and space.
 
Thread starter
Cruised by the multi-brand dealer near the office on my way out yesterday to see what they had.
Sat on a new leftover V-Strom 650 that was on clearance, but with the added fees would be more than I'd want to spend.

Wow, a very purposeful bike. Nothing really there for aesthetics. I'm currently listening to a podcast about the lunar landing, and the description of the lunar lander being it was as stripped down as possible, with only the essentials tacked on to it. The V-Strom reminded me of that. Not pretty, nothing there that it didn't need, just purposeful.

And not updated in the least. I've been chasing a potential 2018 model, and the 2024 is no different. It was sitting next to a new V-Strom 800, which I'm still considering, though I'm not wanting to pay dealer prices.

No Versys 650 on the showroom floor. They did, however, have a Ninja 7 Hybrid, marked down from $12.5k to $5k. Apparently it didn't sell very well...
 
Gone in 60 said:
................. They did, however, have a Ninja 7 Hybrid, marked down from $12.5k to $5k. Apparently it didn't sell very well...

Wait till X-mas and the price will drop again..., but then you'll will be stuck with this Hybrid forever  :(
 
Thread starter
The dealer also has a Kawasaki Ninja E1 Electric, also at a steep discount. Not sure I knew they actually made that. In any case, I'd never seen either the hybrid or the electric, and looks like neither went over very well.

Hybrid - $5K: Temecula Motorsports - New & Used motorcycles, atvs, utvs, personal watercraft & boat sales, Service, and Parts in Murrieta, CA, near Hemet, Escondido, Anza and San Clemente

Electric - $4K: Temecula Motorsports - New & Used motorcycles, atvs, utvs, personal watercraft & boat sales, Service, and Parts in Murrieta, CA, near Hemet, Escondido, Anza and San Clemente
 
Thread starter
Rode the Enfield to work at the museum this morning. My phone was buzzing away in my pocket during my tour. Afterwards I took a look.

Text from the multi-brand dealership in my area reminding me that today was Suzuki Demo Day. 

Ooh.. just enough time to make it if I made a sprint for it. Got there in time to take a V-Strom 800 for a jaunt. The ride was guided, and included street riding, a fast section of freeway and a winding canyon back. A little of everything. 

To say I enjoyed it is an understatement. Comfortable and smooth. Not the most attractive machine…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5793.webp
    IMG_5793.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5794.webp
    IMG_5794.webp
    86.2 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top