Some more "dirt"

gcarper_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Riding some back country and logging roads around Chester SC. Lots of gravel sound and some engine sound.
 
Hey gcarper, where ya been? I see you got rid of the annoying buzzing rattle in your windshield. I couldn't hear it in this video. I'm not sure I'd want to ride that far on those roads on mine.
 
G'day gcarper. Good to see you again. Good looking ride.
 
Thread starter
Chapomis_imp said:
gcarper_imp said:
Riding some back country and logging roads around Chester SC. Lots of gravel sound and some engine sound.
Is that stock exhaust ?
Is that stock exhaust ? No it's not. hope the pix comes through, my own idea
The ferret_imp said:
Hey gcarper, where ya been? I see you got rid of the annoying buzzing rattle in your windshield. I couldn't hear it in this video. I'm not sure I'd want to ride that far on those roads on mine.
been riding, maybe I can get on the forum more now that the weather has "cooled" a little. You know I never did figure what that buzz was!
Cormanus_imp said:
G'day gcarper. Good to see you again. Good looking ride.
G'day to you sir, it's good to be here. And we do have some good looking rides, don't we??
Here's a pix I like after riding some dirt roads off the Blue Ridge Parkway one rainy day.
 
Try this:

7facc78b222c08465213f92d89e36d35.jpg




From this road:

310c8154b53ed55a20a4f1d684e8a699.jpg


And that was after I ran it through this to clean:

f6bc52fcfc8d3097772ed8c1c25ab792.jpg

Cheers
 
Domestic Violence against the CB100::exclamation:
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Try this:

7facc78b222c08465213f92d89e36d35.jpg




From this road:

310c8154b53ed55a20a4f1d684e8a699.jpg


And that was after I ran it through this to clean:

f6bc52fcfc8d3097772ed8c1c25ab792.jpg

Cheers
That would cause Ride4Now or Tink to have a stroke :rofl:
 
Something I only just noticed about that photo is how hard the front suspension has been working on that rough dirt. See the mud rings on the upper shocks.

Cheers
 
That is close to fender hitting horn territory Ptero
 
Thread starter
This is a ride we went on last week--04/06/016. We're near Johnson City in Tennessee

.https://youtu.be/_9tukTVJxgo
 
The type of riding shown in the video links is in part what I bought the CB for. Plan was to use it as a naked sport tourer for 250-500 miles max during a long weekend to get me to well maintained forest roads and then another 3-10 miles round trip max on dirt/gravel to get me to fly-fishing destinations. Did that once last year and that was enough. The bike could do it slow and easy, especially with a different, more dirt oriented set of rubber. But, after getting home and looking how I trashed it (mud/rocks/more mud/dirt encrusted about everywhere and that's without even discussing the chain) I swore it off. Don't get me wrong, to each his own and I really applaud you guys for doing this by refusing to let your riding style be defined by any particular genre of bikes. Just know that every time you do it, somewhere a small part of a Honda CB Design Team engineers soul dies. That or a deceased KLR rider in purgatory gets his wings. Not sure which is worse : )
 
Back
Top