Some ideas for my EX

Rod 1975_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi guys. Thinking in some ideas to change my EX a bit.
Did any of you tried the lsl clubman or lsl sixties handlebars?
Other thing, I find the headlight a bit small for the size of the front end / gas tank. Maybe I'll change it for an 8" headlight. Did anybody tried that also?
Best slip ons with 60s/ 70s classic style?
Other than this, it will be the ECU reflash, lower the bike a bit and cut/swap the rear fender.
Thanks in advance
 
Thread starter
Rod 1975_imp said:
Hi guys. Thinking in some ideas to change my EX a bit.
Did any of you tried the lsl clubman or lsl sixties handlebars?
Other thing, I find the headlight a bit small for the size of the front end / gas tank. Maybe I'll change it for an 8" headlight. Did anybody tried that also?
Best slip ons with 60s/ 70s classic style?
Other than this, it will be the ECU reflash, lower the bike a bit and cut/swap the rear fender.
Thanks in advance
The look I'm trying to achieve is something like this
Goldwing racer
 
Quite a bike, that!

efac802a2b2b755c41bdd91567c2d3b3.jpg
 
And here I thought this thread would be about ideas for the ex wife. Like "eat poop and die" or "go jump in a lake". You know, things like that. :D
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
And here I thought this thread would be about ideas for the ex wife. Like "eat poop and die" or "go jump in a lake". You know, things like that. :D
Ahahah... that would be more "arsenic, shovel, woods..."
e8f32c2f3fd1043763c817b37b39afea.png
9dff26a0dd151acbecfb56307f96cd2f.png
 
Rod 1975_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
And here I thought this thread would be about ideas for the ex wife. Like "eat poop and die" or "go jump in a lake". You know, things like that. :D
Ahahah... that would be more "arsenic, shovel, woods..."
e8f32c2f3fd1043763c817b37b39afea.png
9dff26a0dd151acbecfb56307f96cd2f.png
Ahahah... that would be more "arsenic, shovel, woods..."
7e60950462e43592d9a153681fc021da.png
9c4283f46aac5a178b0846b86336b5a9.png

:rofl: :clap: :beerchug:
 
Slightly more on topic--if you search on clubman a number of threads with pics will show up with clubman bars. I don't know if they are lsl or not though.
 
I converted my 1966 BSA Lightning to a café racer in the late 60s. I was a skinny 20 something at the time. The clip-on position was hard on my wrists and the small of my back.

Girls never rode more than once because of the wind blast and noisy Dunstall mufflers. Mind you the foot wide fiberglass seat with an inch of foam may had something to do with it as well.

Try turning the Honda handlebars upside-down. That I what I did with my 1971 Yamaha 350 R5. Instant café racer with no cost. Again no one wanted to ride on the back despite the cushy seat and quieter tin can mufflers.
 
I have clubman bars on my CB, it’s a very hard ride on the wrists. I may change mine out to something less angled and drastic. Looks great on the bike but the medial wrists take a beating on anything over an hour or so.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
bsavoy04_imp said:
I have clubman bars on my CB, it’s a very hard ride on the wrists. I may change mine out to something less angled and drastic. Looks great on the bike but the medial wrists take a beating on anything over an hour or so.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply. Been a bit out of here. Can you show a picture of that setup? Thanks
538497a353cea4a7ef795bb47b9fa648.png
 
I am not crazy about short rear fenders, but have to admit that this Wing looks very impressive = 5*
 
Thread starter
Making this topic alive again just for fun. Been playing around with photoshop (not a pro so please be kind) and think I have found the design I'm looking for.
Guess will not be for everyone but I love it.
As a comparison I put a pic of my original color:

Original:




Photoshop:

 
The OEM white is beautiful.

The green one looks very interesting but needs some accent pin-striping of a different colour, thick Honda tank emblem....and more advanced photoshop (not criticizing early stage project at all) to expose the green beauty.
Go for it, if you like it :thumbsup:

When teen age, I had my bike painted metalic green of a lighter shade than the above pic
 
I like the green but need some kind of contrasting stripe on the tank.

AND, I want the levitating feature on my CB :D
 
Back
Top