Some favorite pics

Thread starter
If you are talking the first photo in this thread, it's a Cortech tailbag.
 
Very cool! Man we had the same idea and the same bike.
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Cool looking CB350. Do you still ride it?
Thanks guys. Actually I had to take the pictures that day because it was the only day they were ever together - it sold the next day to make room for the 1100. It was the bike I learned to ride on and I have fond memories of it but I hadn't been riding it. Sold it to a guy with a young son and they'll use it together so I think it went to a good home.
 
The ferret_imp said:
If you are talking the first photo in this thread, it's a Cortech tailbag.
That's exactly what I've been looking for. Do you remember stock or item number I could refer to when purchasing? Money burning a hole in my pocket during these -5 temps.....bored
 
Thread starter
Neat picture Tink..wow an RZ, a Gen 1 Ninja, and a Norton ... and a 14 DLX ... you're right it fits right in.

edit..just set that picture as my desktop background

Love the black and white photo with the elk skin ropers. My favorite gloves are my deer skin ropers. Soft, supple, warm
 
Wow! That's a Kaw 750 turbo in the background. Along with the RZ-350 Kenny Roberts special, those are two of my favorite bikes of the 80s. I got some track time on both of those back around '85. The most fun you can have with your pants on :D Great pic!
 
Great pictures, Tink. The CB fits in well with the earlier model bikes.

Ferret, what's the comms gear in your helmet in this picture? Do you just use it talk with your riding partner our for navigation etc? How do you find it? I've just installed a power outlet and holder for my phone on the bars. I intend to use an app for occasional navigation and I'm wondering whether to go with headphones or get a blue tooth system.

 
Thread starter
Cormanus..yes it's a Scala Rider bike to bike intercom system. My wife and I and my brother and I ( it will only connect with 2 others) use it when we ride to talk to each other. Works fairly well. Hard to overcome road/ wind noise on a naked bike, but works good behind a windshield. Makes the ride alot more enjoyable to chat a bit, warnings ( pot hole, dead critter, gravel, oil on road) etc. Or I have to pee, lets stop at a restaurant, I need gas whatever.

It will also play music but since I don't listen to music I don't use that feature.

Funny thing about music, I only enjoy one genre, 60s and 70 s rock and roll, but when I hear it, I think .... I've already heard that a thousand times .....and I turn it off lol.

It is mounted in my modular so when I want to wear the modular, it's just there, even though I won't be using it.
 
Thanks Pterodactyl and Ferret. I'm not that interested in the comms as most of my riding is done alone. However, I do intend to try a bit of touring—maybe to Philip Island with you Pterodactyl, if I may and it works—and I want to be able to use a GPS in unfamiliar cities. I'm not sure about music, but never say never. I've recently started wearing earplugs to keep the wind noise at bay, but I figure a Bluetooth system may work in tandem with that. I have some over-ear NC headphones which are as useful on the bike as an ash tray, but they are fabulous for air travel and I know they work quite well just to blot out other noise, so maybe they're a good option.

Thanks again for the advice fellas. Appreciated.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks Pterodactyl and Ferret. I'm not that interested in the comms as most of my riding is done alone. However, I do intend to try a bit of touring—maybe to Philip Island with you Pterodactyl, if I may and it works—and I want to be able to use a GPS in unfamiliar cities. I'm not sure about music, but never say never. I've recently started wearing earplugs to keep the wind noise at bay, but I figure a Bluetooth system may work in tandem with that. I have some over-ear NC headphones which are as useful on the bike as an ash tray, but they are fabulous for air travel and I know they work quite well just to blot out other noise, so maybe they're a good option.

Thanks again for the advice fellas. Appreciated.
Let's make it work.

Go to a Bose shop and try the QC20i model. If you like them RRP is about AUD 390 with airline adaptor. Interesting to see what best price is in the States.

Cheers
 
Ill try them, but my God that's expensive for a set of in-ear headphones. You'd want some guarantee that the wires won't go the way of most in-ear headphones—i.e. one snaps in short order.

The reference to the trip maybe not working is a reference to the sorry truth that, although I try not to work every now and again something comes up that is a bit interesting and I can't refuse. There's a vague possibility hovering at the moment that may put the kybosh on October rides.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Ill try them, but my God that's expensive for a set of in-ear headphones. You'd want some guarantee that the wires won't go the way of most in-ear headphones—i.e. one snaps in short order.

The reference to the trip maybe not working is a reference to the sorry truth that, although I try not to work every now and again something comes up that is a bit interesting and I can't refuse. There's a vague possibility hovering at the moment that may put the kybosh on October rides.
I've used mine for more than 6 months and no sign of wire decay. Well built.

As for the MotoGP, we will play that by ear then (or maybe in-ear).

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks Pterodactyl and Ferret. I'm not that interested in the comms as most of my riding is done alone. However, I do intend to try a bit of touring—maybe to Philip Island with you Pterodactyl, if I may and it works—and I want to be able to use a GPS in unfamiliar cities. I'm not sure about music, but never say never. I've recently started wearing earplugs to keep the wind noise at bay, but I figure a Bluetooth system may work in tandem with that. I have some over-ear NC headphones which are as useful on the bike as an ash tray, but they are fabulous for air travel and I know they work quite well just to blot out other noise, so maybe they're a good option.

Thanks again for the advice fellas. Appreciated.
Let's make it work.

Go to a Bose shop and try the QC20i model. If you like them RRP is about AUD 390 with airline adaptor. Interesting to see what best price is in the States.

Cheers

Wow! They are amazing.
 
A beautiful bike in a beautiful setting. West Seattle on an 80 degree spring day.
A sunny warm spring day at Greenlake Park in central Seattle. Sunbathers in bikinis abound!
 
RetroSeattle_imp said:
A beautiful bike in a beautiful setting. West Seattle on an 80 degree spring day.
A sunny warm spring day at Greenlake Park in central Seattle. Sunbathers in bikinis abound!
If there's no photo, it didn't happen.
 
Back
Top