the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
If you are talking the first photo in this thread, it's a Cortech tailbag.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks guys. Actually I had to take the pictures that day because it was the only day they were ever together - it sold the next day to make room for the 1100. It was the bike I learned to ride on and I have fond memories of it but I hadn't been riding it. Sold it to a guy with a young son and they'll use it together so I think it went to a good home.OldF7Guy_imp said:Cool looking CB350. Do you still ride it?
That's exactly what I've been looking for. Do you remember stock or item number I could refer to when purchasing? Money burning a hole in my pocket during these -5 temps.....boredThe ferret_imp said:If you are talking the first photo in this thread, it's a Cortech tailbag.
Great pic!
Cormanus_imp said:Great pictures, Tink. The CB fits in well with the earlier model bikes.
Ferret, what's the comms gear in your helmet in this picture? Do you just use it talk with your riding partner our for navigation etc? How do you find it? I've just installed a power outlet and holder for my phone on the bars. I intend to use an app for occasional navigation and I'm wondering whether to go with headphones or get a blue tooth system.
Let's make it work.Cormanus_imp said:Thanks Pterodactyl and Ferret. I'm not that interested in the comms as most of my riding is done alone. However, I do intend to try a bit of touring—maybe to Philip Island with you Pterodactyl, if I may and it works—and I want to be able to use a GPS in unfamiliar cities. I'm not sure about music, but never say never. I've recently started wearing earplugs to keep the wind noise at bay, but I figure a Bluetooth system may work in tandem with that. I have some over-ear NC headphones which are as useful on the bike as an ash tray, but they are fabulous for air travel and I know they work quite well just to blot out other noise, so maybe they're a good option.
Thanks again for the advice fellas. Appreciated.
I've used mine for more than 6 months and no sign of wire decay. Well built.Cormanus_imp said:Ill try them, but my God that's expensive for a set of in-ear headphones. You'd want some guarantee that the wires won't go the way of most in-ear headphones—i.e. one snaps in short order.
The reference to the trip maybe not working is a reference to the sorry truth that, although I try not to work every now and again something comes up that is a bit interesting and I can't refuse. There's a vague possibility hovering at the moment that may put the kybosh on October rides.
Pterodactyl_imp said:Let's make it work.Cormanus_imp said:Thanks Pterodactyl and Ferret. I'm not that interested in the comms as most of my riding is done alone. However, I do intend to try a bit of touring—maybe to Philip Island with you Pterodactyl, if I may and it works—and I want to be able to use a GPS in unfamiliar cities. I'm not sure about music, but never say never. I've recently started wearing earplugs to keep the wind noise at bay, but I figure a Bluetooth system may work in tandem with that. I have some over-ear NC headphones which are as useful on the bike as an ash tray, but they are fabulous for air travel and I know they work quite well just to blot out other noise, so maybe they're a good option.
Thanks again for the advice fellas. Appreciated.
Go to a Bose shop and try the QC20i model. If you like them RRP is about AUD 390 with airline adaptor. Interesting to see what best price is in the States.
Cheers
If there's no photo, it didn't happen.RetroSeattle_imp said:A beautiful bike in a beautiful setting. West Seattle on an 80 degree spring day.
A sunny warm spring day at Greenlake Park in central Seattle. Sunbathers in bikinis abound!