Sold her...

Honda Lover_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
When I originally bought my 2013 CB1100 in 9/13, it was my "second" bike. I absolutely love the bike...even more now than I did when I first bought it! At the time I had an 08 VTX1800T as my primary 2up long distance bike. After about a year of owning both, I wound up selling the VTX as I rarely rode 2 up and the CB became my primary bike. My Wife stopped riding with me due to time constraints & scheduling conflicts. It became hard for me to justify owning 2 bikes, especially with a growing family. On the CB, I invested in panniers, new lower gearing (new sprockets) aux lighting, windshield, new seat and other accessories with the objective of making the CB into the perfect 1 up touring bike. Most of my riding is camping, over 300 miles per ride, and I'd like to extend that to 500 miles per ride. This has been somewhat challenging for me on the CB and still feel ok at the end of the day. I'd also like to occasionally tour on some flat dirt or pebble roads when the pavement runs out. The ADV category has been calling out to me for quite some time. It was either keep both my CB and invest in a new ADV bike only to discover I don't have the time to ride both...or....sell the CB.....which is what I did earlier today. I absolutely love the CB1100 and it was the best all around motorcycle I've ever owned. It was a VERY hard decision however I came across a great deal on a new ADV bike and the timing was right. I only hope I don't regret it, however time will tell. This forum is fun, educational, motivational, inspiring and extremely helpful. I only hope whatever ADV forum I end up adding will be half as good as all of you. I cannot thank everyone enough for sharing insight, experiences and ideas on a daily basis. This is not a goodbye. I plan on hanging around here as long as Ferret will permit...I will shortly be posting quite a few items in the classified section including a K&N Seat, Whitehouse Retro front Fender, Red Side Covers, Plot Chrome Chain Guard, National Cycle Windshields, rear chrome grab bar, SW Motech Evo side luggage racks, various leather saddle bags and more. I'll be checking in weekly...
a3c642eeccbef4f97ecc6bc34c5394c7.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You are welcome here anytime. Life is short, follow your dreams. If you find out the ADV route is not the primrose path you were hoping it would be, there are always killer deals on new and used CBs you can pick up.

Let us know what ADV bike you got and how you like we. We are motorcyclists first around here, and CB enthusiasts second.

Have fun, ride safe.
 
Honda Lover, I'm sure selling the CB is weighing on you. If you end up regretting your decision, you should be able to pick up a nice used one for a pretty good deal.

I'm curious to see what ADV bike you choose...good luck.
 
Honda Lover_imp said:
When I originally bought my 2013 CB1100 in 9/13, it was my "second" bike. I absolutely love the bike...even more now than I did when I first bought it! At the time I had an 08 VTX1800T as my primary 2up long distance bike. After about a year of owning both, I wound up selling the VTX as I rarely rode 2 up and the CB became my primary bike. My Wife stopped riding with me due to time constraints & scheduling conflicts. It became hard for me to justify owning 2 bikes, especially with a growing family. On the CB, I invested in panniers, new lower gearing (new sprockets) aux lighting, windshield, new seat and other accessories with the objective of making the CB into the perfect 1 up touring bike. Most of my riding is camping, over 300 miles per ride, and I'd like to extend that to 500 miles per ride. This has been somewhat challenging for me on the CB and still feel ok at the end of the day. I'd also like to occasionally tour on some flat dirt or pebble roads when the pavement runs out. The ADV category has been calling out to me for quite some time. It was either keep both my CB and invest in a new ADV bike only to discover I don't have the time to ride both...or....sell the CB.....which is what I did earlier today. I absolutely love the CB1100 and it was the best all around motorcycle I've ever owned. It was a VERY hard decision however I came across a great deal on a new ADV bike and the timing was right. I only hope I don't regret it, however time will tell. This forum is fun, educational, motivational, inspiring and extremely helpful. I only hope whatever ADV forum I end up adding will be half as good as all of you. I cannot thank everyone enough for sharing insight, experiences and ideas on a daily basis. This is not a goodbye. I plan on hanging around here as long as Ferret will permit...I will shortly be posting quite a few items in the classified section including a K&N Seat, Whitehouse Retro front Fender, Red Side Covers, Plot Chrome Chain Guard, National Cycle Windshields, rear chrome grab bar, SW Motech Evo side luggage racks, various leather saddle bags and more. I'll be checking in weekly...
a3c642eeccbef4f97ecc6bc34c5394c7.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested in the chrome chain guard...pm me.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I tried to reply to your PM but it said you have replies disabled...also how much for the rear rack?
Thanks!
 
mtneers_imp said:
Honda Lover_imp said:
When I originally bought my 2013 CB1100 in 9/13, it was my "second" bike. I absolutely love the bike...even more now than I did when I first bought it! At the time I had an 08 VTX1800T as my primary 2up long distance bike. After about a year of owning both, I wound up selling the VTX as I rarely rode 2 up and the CB became my primary bike. My Wife stopped riding with me due to time constraints & scheduling conflicts. It became hard for me to justify owning 2 bikes, especially with a growing family. On the CB, I invested in panniers, new lower gearing (new sprockets) aux lighting, windshield, new seat and other accessories with the objective of making the CB into the perfect 1 up touring bike. Most of my riding is camping, over 300 miles per ride, and I'd like to extend that to 500 miles per ride. This has been somewhat challenging for me on the CB and still feel ok at the end of the day. I'd also like to occasionally tour on some flat dirt or pebble roads when the pavement runs out. The ADV category has been calling out to me for quite some time. It was either keep both my CB and invest in a new ADV bike only to discover I don't have the time to ride both...or....sell the CB.....which is what I did earlier today. I absolutely love the CB1100 and it was the best all around motorcycle I've ever owned. It was a VERY hard decision however I came across a great deal on a new ADV bike and the timing was right. I only hope I don't regret it, however time will tell. This forum is fun, educational, motivational, inspiring and extremely helpful. I only hope whatever ADV forum I end up adding will be half as good as all of you. I cannot thank everyone enough for sharing insight, experiences and ideas on a daily basis. This is not a goodbye. I plan on hanging around here as long as Ferret will permit...I will shortly be posting quite a few items in the classified section including a K&N Seat, Whitehouse Retro front Fender, Red Side Covers, Plot Chrome Chain Guard, National Cycle Windshields, rear chrome grab bar, SW Motech Evo side luggage racks, various leather saddle bags and more. I'll be checking in weekly...
a3c642eeccbef4f97ecc6bc34c5394c7.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested in the chrome chain guard...pm me.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interested in the chrome chain guard...pm me.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here re chrome chain guard.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Look forward to hearing about the new bike, Honda Lover. Doesn't look like you'll have too much trouble selling your mods'
 
A friend of mine had bought a '16 NC700x DCT for his son but his son gave it up quickly so he sold his FJ09 and stayed with the Honda. Pretty amazed he stayed with the Honda.
 
hb9400_imp said:
A friend of mine had bought a '16 NC700x DCT for his son but his son gave it up quickly so he sold his FJ09 and stayed with the Honda. Pretty amazed he stayed with the Honda.
The engine of the FJ-09 (or FZ-09) is a real hoot. But in real riding conditions you only use about 1/3 of its power and rev range. You can ride all day without being able to use sixth gear. If you do you risk getting a ticket.
 
Go to User CP and select Edit options.

In the Message and Notifications section select what you want. Like Receive Private Messages from other users :)
 
Rdtwohig, I just sent Honda Lover a PM (as a test) and it worked just fine. You did enter a subject right? It won't send unless you do.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Rdtwohig, I just sent Honda Lover a PM (as a test) and it worked just fine. You did enter a subject right? It won't send unless you do.

Thanks... will try again.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Rdtwohig, I just sent Honda Lover a PM (as a test) and it worked just fine. You did enter a subject right? It won't send unless you do.

Sent another pm. Subject line prefilled. Seems to have transmitted ok. Wanting on a response from Honda Lover.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I feel as if you just upgraded to better suspension you may have had better results... I can ride all day on mine with no complaints- Ikon rear shocks, '17 model SDBV forks, K&H seat and more relaxed bars..
 
Back
Top