Sold CB11... :(

Guaza14_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey,

I sold the CB for a sport touring motorcycle. I was thinking about upgrading the gas tank for better range but finally decided to just step into the next phase in my motorcycling journey. My new bike (2012 BMW R1200RT) gets over 200 miles before refuel and has other features that I really enjoy like better handling, headlights for night visibility, heated grips, and wind protection… I will always love the CB11 and was a hard decision to make. Just want to thank everyone here for all the great info over the years and gave heads up to the new owner about this great forum… :hello: :biker:


 
Glad you enjoyed your stay, and good luck to you. Well, you've gone to the dark side, but the BMW is a fine bike and does a lot of things very well. When it's time to expand your stable with another CB1100, we'll be here taking care of your future bike. Looks like northbound 110 in the carpool lane......
 
Congrats the big Beemer is a nice bike and loaded with features for sport touring you would never be able to match with the CB.
 
Put RLETs on it or you’re a wimp :) Start a new trend with the other Beemers!
 
Congratulations on the new bike, Guaza. Drop in from time to time and let us know how you’re getting on with it.
 
Congrats on your new journey. Don't feel too bad, people come and go this fine Forum all the time. Leaving the CB1100 is not trivial. However, looks like you have found something more seductive.

Remember to ring the Forum door bell after you have sold your Beemer.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Put RLETs on it or you’re a wimp :) Start a new trend with the other Beemers!
You see: While you are away, you are going to miss this Forum energy!
 
Guaza14_imp said:
Hey,

I sold the CB for a sport touring motorcycle. I was thinking about upgrading the gas tank for better range but finally decided to just step into the next phase in my motorcycling journey. My new bike (2012 BMW R1200RT) gets over 200 miles before refuel and has other features that I really enjoy like better handling, headlights for night visibility, heated grips, and wind protection… I will always love the CB11 and was a hard decision to make. Just want to thank everyone here for all the great info over the years and gave heads up to the new owner about this great forum… :hello: :biker:


Feels kinda good sittin' in the saddle of your video.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Congrats on your RT! Welcome to the dark side!

The fuel range on mine is about 320 miles.
:thumbsup:
It came with a BMW rear box but will only use on longer trips. Also came with a old navigation system which I removed as well as the radio antenna for a cleaner look.

03d934c5c7a0c744825b2c3bd6302bc9.jpg
 
If you'd have kept your CB you could get by with a Tourmaster jacket, blue jeans, work boots, some Tractor Supply deerskin gloves, an HJC helmet and drank McDonalds coffee in the morning.

Geez now you have to buy Klim or Aerostitch clothes, some Dainese Gortex Boots, couple pair of Held gloves, a Schuberth C4 Pro Carbon helmet and drink nothing but Starbucks. Buying the bike is just the beginning.

You've certainly stepped in it now lol
 
When I sold my last Honda and bought a BMW, I kept wearing a Tourmaster jacket, blue jeans, work boots, some Tractor Supply gloves, an HJC helmet, and drank AM/PM coffee in the morning.

... and nobody ever spoke to me again.

That is a nice looking BMW. I would change the brake fluid immediately. Then change it every year, along with the rear drive oil. The ABS and rear drive will fail, but at least you will have done all you could.
 
The ferret_imp said:
If you'd have kept your CB you could get by with a Tourmaster jacket, blue jeans, work boots, some Tractor Supply deerskin gloves, an HJC helmet and drank McDonalds coffee in the morning.

Geez now you have to buy Klim or Aerostitch clothes, some Dainese Gortex Boots, couple pair of Held gloves, a Schuberth C4 Pro Carbon helmet and drink nothing but Starbucks. Buying the bike is just the beginning.

You've certainly stepped in it now lol
I only have my '14 CB and already have Dainese set of: perforated letter jacket, pants and two pair of boots...and a new helmet..should I get rid of these or buy a new BMW??
P.S. I like ^that^ Beemer :thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
If you'd have kept your CB you could get by with a Tourmaster jacket, blue jeans, work boots, some Tractor Supply deerskin gloves, an HJC helmet and drank McDonalds coffee in the morning.

Geez now you have to buy Klim or Aerostitch clothes, some Dainese Gortex Boots, couple pair of Held gloves, a Schuberth C4 Pro Carbon helmet and drink nothing but Starbucks. Buying the bike is just the beginning.

You've certainly stepped in it now lol
I only have my '14 CB and already have Dainese set of: perforated letter jacket, pants and two pair of boots...and a new helmet..should I get rid of these or buy a new BMW??
P.S. I like ^that^ Beemer :thumbsup:
I only have my '14 CB and already have Dainese set of: perforated letter jacket, pants and two pair of boots...and a new helmet..
Geez ya show off......
 
What’s a letter jacket? Where do I get one?
 
The ferret_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
If you'd have kept your CB you could get by with a Tourmaster jacket, blue jeans, work boots, some Tractor Supply deerskin gloves, an HJC helmet and drank McDonalds coffee in the morning.

Geez now you have to buy Klim or Aerostitch clothes, some Dainese Gortex Boots, couple pair of Held gloves, a Schuberth C4 Pro Carbon helmet and drink nothing but Starbucks. Buying the bike is just the beginning.

You've certainly stepped in it now lol
I only have my '14 CB and already have Dainese set of: perforated letter jacket, pants and two pair of boots...and a new helmet..should I get rid of these or buy a new BMW??
P.S. I like ^that^ Beemer :thumbsup:
I only have my '14 CB and already have Dainese set of: perforated letter jacket, pants and two pair of boots...and a new helmet..
Geez ya show off......
I only have my '14 CB and already have Dainese set of: perforated letter jacket, pants and two pair of boots...and a new helmet..
Geez ya show off......
I am just down to earth, simple guy, not flashy :shy:
 
Rear drive oil change is every 24,000 mikes and brake fluid change is every 2 years. Keep your bike (or any bike) properly maintained and it will prove to be very reliable. These are good bikes.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
When I sold my last Honda and bought a BMW, I kept wearing a Tourmaster jacket, blue jeans, work boots, some Tractor Supply gloves, an HJC helmet, and drank AM/PM coffee in the morning.

... and nobody ever spoke to me again.

That is a nice looking BMW. I would change the brake fluid immediately. Then change it every year, along with the rear drive oil. The ABS and rear drive will fail, but at least you will have done all you could.
That is a weak endorsement. :)

So the shaft drive is soft? What technology did they put in a shaft drive to get it wrong?
 
Back
Top