So I finally got mine...

As you may have noted, seat complaints are not uncommon. Lots of alternatives appear on the forum. I had a local upholstery guy basically fill it in so the step is gone and $150 later it is quite serviceable. I did mine mainly to unkink my legs but it's also more comfy. The Ferret has noted that when you move one component you end up affecting something else. On the other hand it is also common to hear of a complaint that goes away after a few hundred miles. Good luck, sure you will figure it out.

Ben
 
Airhawk works for a lot of us. Some didn't like it. I use them on both my bikes.
 
Yeah beautiful machine you have there enterlance - must sound nice too with that exhaust. I'd just throw the stock bars back on myself, or a set a black Renthal Lows. Congrats!
 
Thread starter
I installed Puig naked windshield today, very disappointed.
It doesn't provide enough wind protection over 70mph, I can't feel any difference going over 70.
Think I'm gonna return it. Ordered the national cycle DX today and look forward to it.
Btw, did anyone know how long it takes to take NC DX off? I tend to keep the naked look as I could.
OK……So Revzilla said I can't return any used ones, so I guess I am gonna sell it here.
 
If it is like the EX, it takes about 2-5 minutes to take off if you leave the mounts on the bike.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Popgun. I end up canceling my order from Revzilla for the DX, bought two puig from Amazon and I'll see how it goes...
 
stateboy_imp said:
I have the dlx but there are some days that those black ones make me wonder if... Sharp bike Enterlance!
Initially, I was disappointed I couldn't find a good price on a red and silver CB1100. Ended up buying 'black beauty' and couldn't be happier with the appearance of the nearly all black Honda. I've put slightly over 1200 miles on the bike since April 10th, enough to know I'll need to match the suspension with (a) our battered county roads, and (b) my 160-165 pounds. She's a bucking bronco on some of my favorite two lane roads, since it is impossible to dodge all the patches and frost heaves. Think it'll be Ikon shocks and maybe the Traxxion Dynamics front end kit (damper rods, Race Tech valves, new springs, spacers.) I think she'll be worth it!
 
enterlance_imp said:
Thanks Popgun. I end up canceling my order from Revzilla for the DX, bought two puig from Amazon and I'll see how it goes...
I know you cancelled your order, but for the record, it takes less than a minute to remove a Deflector DX. I have one on each of my CBs. You unscrew the two big knobs at the handlebar and it lifts right off.
 
Flyn, the DX doesn't have 2 more small mounts on the forks like the EX? They have (kinda) big wingnuts. Like you said, loosen the bar mounts and the wingnuts and lift it off.
 
Enterlance, are you going to sell the mirrors/handlebars that are already on the bike? If so, private message me and we can talk details. Not a fan of the stock mirrors and looking to 'upgrade'.

Bike looks great though, congrats.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Flyn, the DX doesn't have 2 more small mounts on the forks like the EX? They have (kinda) big wingnuts. Like you said, loosen the bar mounts and the wingnuts and lift it off.
Nope. The Deflector DX is a smaller shield. It only uses the two mount points on the handlebars. My bigger Plexi 2 & 3 shields use the lower mounting points on the forks, which are also used with the Street Shield EX.
 
Thread starter
I've installed Puig top today, for its price I think it works awesome. Definitely feels better than the naked one. Easy installation and easy to take off too. Since I use this bike for commuting so I will leave it on there most of the time, but I'm also ready for some around town naked fun!
 
Back
Top