JustPassinThru_imp
Been there
Thread starter
A possible some-business-plus-pleasure, from Montana to Vancouver. This week, or else I do it by mail. I have the week off - dead time, long story.
I was considering one end-of-season trip. But the weather report, Weather Underground, is not encouraging. Highs were to be in the upper fifties...that's okay; I have gear and a windshield; but rainy as well.
I remember from my May trip along the Oregon coast, how miserable an all-day rain was. A Plexistar 2 is no substitute for a Vetter fairing, or the BMW or Burgman/Givi protection. Add to that, I don't have heated gloves or grips.
My gut reaction is to pass; but then I see the sunny skies out here...and where I'm at, it's Alpine desert; it's sunny most of the year...and think of throwing away the gift of screw-off time...and then I start mentally packing again.
Thoughts? West Coasties, especially...
I was considering one end-of-season trip. But the weather report, Weather Underground, is not encouraging. Highs were to be in the upper fifties...that's okay; I have gear and a windshield; but rainy as well.
I remember from my May trip along the Oregon coast, how miserable an all-day rain was. A Plexistar 2 is no substitute for a Vetter fairing, or the BMW or Burgman/Givi protection. Add to that, I don't have heated gloves or grips.
My gut reaction is to pass; but then I see the sunny skies out here...and where I'm at, it's Alpine desert; it's sunny most of the year...and think of throwing away the gift of screw-off time...and then I start mentally packing again.
Thoughts? West Coasties, especially...