sniff my boots

Chuckk_imp

Been there
Thread starter
while waiting for my gerbing heated soles to arrive, I had a thought.. because I always have extra pairs of new boots, why not devote one pair to strictly a heated pair for the winter months ? .. this way I could fasten the soles and wires supplying the 12v firmly in place.. and if the wires were felt by my little feet, I might even drill a hole through the side of the boot for the wires!! .. this would be an extreme option, but don't put it past me !! haha ..
chuckk ..
.
1630eda8ea6c1c91f0b155610eb50e5f.jpg

.
13a4872ceee4ca06442ca0895aab5af1.jpg

.
6b190628b66fe0f2c0672868a228c226.jpg
 
Thread starter
there has been some progress on my heated boots.. I haven't yet tried them out, so time will tell.. I really hate to wish for cold weather !! :s .. I run the "y" connector cables between my insulated underwear and my blue jeans, so I don't feel them.. I have used the "y" connectors before.. when I used heated socks, so there won't be any surprises there ..
Chuckk ..
.
2dcbd3d0f9c4f83beb263b6d79cfd881.jpg

.
19aa83eddd5e23e6336223a75cb95204.jpg

.
48dc9fab827867556d2369b82478d2cf.jpg

.
f9af363152141204eaf8f46a9756a64d.jpg

.
22d1a506d135a447b5973a537d2cb950.jpg

.
8779bac45ecd163deb2687c418f3b083.jpg
 
lol you are a character Chuckk
 
Thread starter
it is a tomato !! eagle eyes.. I figured new boots, towel, kitchen counter top.. everything is good .. haha
 
Thread starter
lately we have had a turn in the weather, bringing rain and cold.. that inspired me to finally test my electric boots.. it wasn't too much of a test.. I did it all in the comfort of my garage.. after some attempts, I found the easiest way to dress with the "Y" connector down my pants.. the top of the "Y" connector just sticks out of the top of my jeans at the belt line and once they are on, you don't even know it is there.. the "Y" connector sandwiches between my insulated underwear and my jeans..connecting to the boots is quite easy.. using my regular socks, then neoprene wading socks, it made the boots a little snug.. but not too bad.. the "Y" connector for the boots connects to my heated vest, then the heated vest gets plugged into the connector I installed in the C.B.'s side cover.. that in turn is controlled at the handlebar.. I felt the warmth when testing, but it didn't have to contend with actual cold when riding .. there is more snow now in our local mountains, so maybe soon I will be able to journey up there and give the electric boots a real test.. that's if there isn't a curfew in place !!..
.
8583c6b785702c529555170c72fed877.jpg

.
d06034ce8c5b897f8920bcedcb1b3121.jpg

.
d8f4a5af4555dc7e7c437c14bd335663.jpg
 
I don't know about all this electrical augmentation. There'll be wires and pugs and controls everywhere. It'll take so long to get suited up and ready to ride that you'll need to start before you know you're going. Seems to me you could either:

[li]Get one of those 19th century onesie undergarments, and wire it up with a single plug; or[/li] [li]get a dermatologist to peel off your skin and insert a layer of heating wire. They could run a cord out some convenient orifice that could plug into the bike. Or the car. Or the bleacher at the football. Or whatever.
[/li]

Good luck.
 
Thread starter
it is far less work than when I used to scuba.. I won't use all of that gear very often, but it is good to have the options at the ready.. life is toasty ..
 
Aerostich fleece pants are really warm under neat your riding pants , my riding pants are the AD 1 from Aerostich , water and wind proof.
 
Hard to believe you need that stuff in southern California lol.

Supposed to have a high of 71 here today at noon on the first official day of spring. Don't think I'l need my electrics today.
 
Thread starter
ferret, the temps on my last ride dropped as low as 36* .. most of the rest averaged 45*.. it warmed to 61* when I got back to the city of ventura.. maybe the ocean influence in ventura..
.
96c11745efa67ad230d43e0836a0f639.mp4
 
Back
Top