Smoked my lenses

greekcb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hey guys , been trying to find replacement tinted lenses for my black 14 but have had no luck whatsoever. I don’t feel the need right now for full light replacements so I decided to take action in my own hands . I’ve been plasti dipping stuff for a while so I had at it . I did 2 mist coats of black and then used a heavy coat of glossifier to give the lens a gloss look with an even clear coat texture like auto paint . I think it came out great and the light comes through like stock , the one picture shows lights on ( flashers and rear running ). So for now I’m happy without breaking the bank :)





ce711a11d2cbd2cd12d3b96cc1849b41.jpg


881d0a11daf2597c8b937ded01dfbc75.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gonna redo the front a little lighter even though they work ok , did them the other day as an experiment but will tweak to match the rear as I like the results better

68332e9ea349711e0f34484b271f9698.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nicely done.
They look red nonilluminated.
Do they show amber, when illuminated? ( I do not have the best color vision)
In the southwest, rear running must be red.
 
Thread starter
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Nicely done.
They look red nonilluminated.
Do they show amber, when illuminated? ( I do not have the best color vision)
In the southwest, rear running must be red.

Hello thanks , the taillight is red and the turns are amber non illuminated and when lit up the same as well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wow, that was good thinking. Learn new stuff here all the time!

I like it and they look guuuud
 
Thread starter
Banned_imp said:
Greek, I love the updates you have been doing to your bike. Subtle and clean looking.
Thank you i appreciate it. I think im almost wrapped up with the mods, yeah for real lol. I just cant wait until spring to get back out with it since i bought it in September and didn't have much time to ride it at the end of the season etc. But now is the perfect time to tweak things so i cant complain
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Wow, that was good thinking. Learn new stuff here all the time!

I like it and they look guuuud
Thanks! Still find it weird that smoked replacement lenses are not available for this bike. Got aggravated enough looking for them and finally realized i had to change the lights or just tint them. I already had the black dip just had to buy the glossifier so it was a very cheap upgrade compared to the other stuff ive bough for it lol
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Wow, that was good thinking. Learn new stuff here all the time!

I like it and they look guuuud
Popgun, there's something wrong with your typewriter: it's chopping the tops off the 'o's.
 
Cormanus, I didn’t post that. Bubba was using my iPad...
 
That’s OK then. How good is it that you guys are reunited?
 
Back
Top