Lord Popgun
Road warrior
I don’t think it hurts anything, but its not optimal.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thank you PopgunLord Popgun_imp said:I don’t think it hurts anything, but its not optimal.
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.mvk24_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.Lord Popgun_imp said:Yeah, should work. LED? Might be a different story as we’ve seen in other threads.
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.tod.branko_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.mvk24_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.Lord Popgun_imp said:Yeah, should work. LED? Might be a different story as we’ve seen in other threads.
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.mvk24_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.tod.branko_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.mvk24_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.Lord Popgun_imp said:Yeah, should work. LED? Might be a different story as we’ve seen in other threads.
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Sounds like a good idea, which lights did you use?
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.tod.branko_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.mvk24_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.tod.branko_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.mvk24_imp said:Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.Lord Popgun_imp said:Yeah, should work. LED? Might be a different story as we’ve seen in other threads.
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Sounds like a good idea, which lights did you use?
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?
2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Sounds like a good idea, which lights did you use?
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07WQSHCC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_5fwgXRtuSgWzY
This is the headlight I used, rear was an ebay special, really cheap, and have destroyed it since, so I'm waiting for the new different one
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
There's this, but then depending on your budget it may not be the best option since it doesn't include turn signalsmvk24_imp said:Figured it was easier to revive an old thread than to start another turn signal thread.
I am looking for smaller turn signals and to relocate the rears to the license plate mount.
- trying to get my information straight. I don't want to need a flasher or resistor. So what light specs do I need to look for?
* if I want plug and play* (aside from extending the rear wires)
1. my understanding is I need 3 wire, Incandescent lights for the front to retain the running lights. Correct?
2. Does single or dual filament bulb matter?
3. Can I use 3 wire lights for the rear and just not use the third running light connection? (If I found a 4 pack of 3 wire)
I really want small bullet turn signals but they all seem to be LED and that sounds like a pain to change resistors or flashers to make LED work.
Rather put the money and effort towards other modifications than making simple taillights become a project.
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.GoldOxide_imp said:I want to to do motorcycle maintenance in my living room.
Can gawk all day at with over drinks.
I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.mvk24_imp said:I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.GoldOxide_imp said:I want to to do motorcycle maintenance in my living room.
Can gawk all day at with over drinks.
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.GoldOxide_imp said:I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.mvk24_imp said:I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.GoldOxide_imp said:I want to to do motorcycle maintenance in my living room.
Can gawk all day at with over drinks.
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
In NYC: That sounds luxurious.
I just got micro leds from ebay and used fender washers to have them mount up nicely over the holes in the original mounting locations.unleadedunderwear_imp said:Howdy all,
Relatively new CB1100 rider here. I got a 2013 (USA model) back in March that's pretty cherry with only 6500miles on the clock. I have a medium length touring trip coming up in two weeks and I'm looking for advice on relocating the turn signals so I can attach some soft luggage.
1) Can the turn signals be relocated to the bracket the reflectors sit on? Obviously I would be uninstalling the reflectors to do this.
2) If no, where is the recommended place to mount them? Is there a recommended bracket sold online?
3) What gauge is the signal wire? Is it just 18ga with a thick insulator?
4) What do you use to block the holes on the grab handles once the signals are removed?
6) Failing all that, is there an LED signal kit that can be installed in the original place that won't get bonked by some soft saddlebags? I've looked at pictures of the [url=https://www.motogadget.com/shop/en/m-blaze-pin.html]mBlaze Pin and the [url=https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/6148/kuryakyn-by-kellermann-atto-collection]Kuryakin Atto but they look like they'd fall through the mounting hole. Any commentary by people who've installed these is useful.