Smaller turn signal/running light choices

I don’t think it hurts anything, but its not optimal.
 
mvk24_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, should work. LED? Might be a different story as we’ve seen in other threads.
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, should work. LED? Might be a different story as we’ve seen in other threads.
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Sounds like a good idea, which lights did you use?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, should work. LED? Might be a different story as we’ve seen in other threads.
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Sounds like a good idea, which lights did you use?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Sounds like a good idea, which lights did you use?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07WQSHCC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_5fwgXRtuSgWzY

This is the headlight I used, rear was an ebay special, really cheap, and have destroyed it since, so I'm waiting for the new different one

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, should work. LED? Might be a different story as we’ve seen in other threads.
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Sounds like a good idea, which lights did you use?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Sounds like a good idea, which lights did you use?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07WQSHCC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_5fwgXRtuSgWzY

This is the headlight I used, rear was an ebay special, really cheap, and have destroyed it since, so I'm waiting for the new different one

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Sounds good thank you, I just found very small 6mm bolt LED turn signals on ebay. For the price ill see how bad the hyper flash is. At that size and 6mm bolts I can use the factory mounting and still clear hard bags no problem. I ordered the wiring adapter plugs for the rear too.

1. Is hyperflash bad for the bike in anyway or is it just an annoyance?

2. If someone made an integrated taillight for our bikes I'd probably jump on that and negate the rear turn signals entirely

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk I deleted both the front and rear turn signals with integrated LEDs, yes they hyperflash, and I was thinking of swapping the relay for an adjustable one, they are fairly inexpensive, however after a few months I realized the phenomenon does not bother me in the slightest, so decided to let it be as is. Front light was a plug and play thing, rear light needed to be spliced because it didn't come with Honda connectors, so I cut the connectors off the original tail light and signals. As for the front signals being on all the time and then cutting powered to blink, Max gave me a good idea to actually splice the new ones on the rear turn signals which will keep them off. Hope this helps

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Sounds like a good idea, which lights did you use?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07WQSHCC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_5fwgXRtuSgWzY

This is the headlight I used, rear was an ebay special, really cheap, and have destroyed it since, so I'm waiting for the new different one

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed Thank you Tod

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
Figured it was easier to revive an old thread than to start another turn signal thread.

I am looking for smaller turn signals and to relocate the rears to the license plate mount.


- trying to get my information straight. I don't want to need a flasher or resistor. So what light specs do I need to look for?


* if I want plug and play* (aside from extending the rear wires)

1. my understanding is I need 3 wire, Incandescent lights for the front to retain the running lights. Correct?

2. Does single or dual filament bulb matter?

3. Can I use 3 wire lights for the rear and just not use the third running light connection? (If I found a 4 pack of 3 wire)



I really want small bullet turn signals but they all seem to be LED and that sounds like a pain to change resistors or flashers to make LED work.

Rather put the money and effort towards other modifications than making simple taillights become a project.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
There's this, but then depending on your budget it may not be the best option since it doesn't include turn signals
https://www.samurider.com/?p=23031

 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I want to to do motorcycle maintenance in my living room.

Can gawk all day at with over drinks.
I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I want to to do motorcycle maintenance in my living room.

Can gawk all day at with over drinks.
I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
In NYC: That sounds luxurious.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I want to to do motorcycle maintenance in my living room.

Can gawk all day at with over drinks.
I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
In NYC: That sounds luxurious.
I'm trying to get an industrial loft with the freight elevator for that exact reason.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
In NYC: That sounds luxurious. Id be happy with a ware house and a futon lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
unleadedunderwear_imp said:
I just got micro leds from ebay and used fender washers to have them mount up nicely over the holes in the original mounting locations.

You will need the plug adapters for the rear signals. [url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Turn-Signal-Wiring-Adapter-Plug-For-Honda-CBR600RR-CBR1000RR-2004-2012-2003-/332466552871?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0]https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Turn-Signal-Wiring-Adapter-Plug-For-Honda-CBR600RR-CBR1000RR-2004-2012-2003-/332466552871?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0



These are the signals I got. I SCOURED the internet looking for M6 sized bolts on the turn signals so I didnt have to drill out the stock mounting holes in the front. These were the ONLY ones I could find that come in the stock size. They are very bright. The hyperflash does not bother me one bit. Theyre small enough that they do not come out wider than the rear rack so I can use them with bags.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-6LED-Bl...624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
5732de24b78ee0b8bfad86718f1424a0.jpg
f4f4f514a87c4675f6c20d93d9dcdfd7.jpg
8cb6b6855977d156edcfa22d40e6fa2d.jpg
b1798bf98fd09ece946bc79bcbd5faf3.jpg
222ed8a20ffe5b62cc80ec1be3a00a16.jpg
eb32bc4aefbbd6d116846a44a2e564e2.jpg
587d445158f7db7b8c95943205441afd.jpg
5bc7ed97cea13ee404ee7ace52b8ec5b.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
8ca99fc4faa655db23a8cf0df60f34d8.jpg
 
Back
Top