Smaller rear sprocket?

DBM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I want to gear up to lower the rpm at 70 mph. Rather than add a tooth on the front, l was thinking about swapping the rear with a 3 tooth smaller sprocket. Has anyone tried this? What is the stock gearing on a 2014 standard?
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Stock gearing is:

2013: 39/18 (2.166)
2014: 40/18 (2.222)
2017: 40/18 (2.222)
Thank you. I'm not able to find any smaller rear sprockets online other than the OEM 39. Anyone know where l can get a 19 front?
 
DBM_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Stock gearing is:

2013: 39/18 (2.166)
2014: 40/18 (2.222)
2017: 40/18 (2.222)
Thank you. I'm not able to find any smaller rear sprockets online other than the OEM 39. Anyone know where l can get a 19 front?
Thank you. I'm not able to find any smaller rear sprockets online other than the OEM 39. Anyone know where l can get a 19 front?
You might also try this thread. It's a little less long-winded:

19 tooth countershaft sprocket installation on 2013

Remember that 2014 & 2017 6-speed models have different internal gearing - both 5th and 6th are overdrives compared to a 2013. If you decide to go with a smaller rear, aluminum sprockets are available, but they will wear out much quicker.
 
m in sc_imp said:
contact these guys, they will make any sprocket you want, and they do it in house. I had them do a crazy offset one with a custom carrier for my rd in an odd chain pitch and was surprisingly cheap. a smaller oem style CB one should be no problem.

REBEL GEARS CUSTOM MADE MOTORCYCLE SPROCKETS ANY SIZE call em, talk to them.
Hate to say, but they were one of the people I called, and they wouldn't do one in steel, just aluminum.
 
I have both brand new steel sprockets - 19T front and 37T rear for sale if anyone is interested.




Cheers
 
Send him a PM, jimgl3. He’s not been on for a couple of months.
 
Back
Top