Slipper Clutch for 2014 base model

jitaylor_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Here's hoping the more sophisticated members will be able to stop me thinking about this, or get me thinking more about it.

Would it be possible to install/upgrade to a slipper clutch for the 2014's that do not have one ?
 
Peter you are fast! I was just about to post that thread :)

Go through it Jitaylor. It has pics and shows why it won’t work.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Peter you are fast! I was just about to post that thread :)

Go through it Jitaylor. It has pics and shows why it won’t work.
Popgun, did not I say that SOMETIMES ground people are faster than avionic..by 4 min this time :P
Now I go home, so for an hour no updates from me. Take a chance ....:)
:worship: & :beerchug:
 
I have a 2017 ex and the slipper clutch in it is fantastic. Its better than the one in the ZZR1400 and two GSXR1000’s I’ve had.
 
I have one in my FJR and other than the clutch pull being supposedly easier, I haven't found a benefit to it yet.
 
I like the roll into roundabouts sustained rpm,makes it mega smooth in and out. It works well with the smooth easy changing gearbox. Bikes feels likes its got an electric motor.
 
Maybe ZZR & GSX slipper clutch is better than CB but there is no way that that CB would take any other than 1st place after all :D
 
Bradders_imp said:
I like the roll into roundabouts sustained rpm,makes it mega smooth in and out. It works well with the smooth easy changing gearbox. Bikes feels likes its got an electric motor.
After the initial back-off, does engine braking feel the same?

There are a couple times I went off-the-line WOT on my Moto Guzzi V7II, hit close to redline, but had to back-off, instead of shifting and was quire happy to have full engine braking...albeit hard on the rear tire.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Maybe ZZR & GSX slipper clutch is better than CB but there is no way that that CB would take any other than 1st place after all :D
I said the cb slipper was better than the other two models? ;)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
That is correct, my bad , I misread you sir :)
To be fair the gearbox shift mechanism knocks spots off the others too. So does the grunt from 1200rpm. Its the most amount of miles I’ve done on a bike in years!
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Bradders_imp said:
I like the roll into roundabouts sustained rpm,makes it mega smooth in and out. It works well with the smooth easy changing gearbox. Bikes feels likes its got an electric motor.
After the initial back-off, does engine braking feel the same?

There are a couple times I went off-the-line WOT on my Moto Guzzi V7II, hit close to redline, but had to back-off, instead of shifting and was quire happy to have full engine braking...albeit hard on the rear tire.
The engine braking feels just right. It's like you were releasing the clutch just at the grip limit so the rear tyre won't slip even with agresive engine braking. It does "engine brake", but not abruptly.

It really works very well.

I've read some reviews complaining about the noise it makes. I can hardly hear it, and only at "parking speed" with the helmet visor open.

Is it worth it? well, like ABS, it's good to have it in case you make a driving mistake, or during some unexpected situations.
On a cardan drive, I think it would be a great addition to smooth out engine braking. On a chain drive with the fat tyres of the RS, I think I could live without it.
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Bradders_imp said:
I like the roll into roundabouts sustained rpm,makes it mega smooth in and out. It works well with the smooth easy changing gearbox. Bikes feels likes its got an electric motor.
After the initial back-off, does engine braking feel the same?

There are a couple times I went off-the-line WOT on my Moto Guzzi V7II, hit close to redline, but had to back-off, instead of shifting and was quire happy to have full engine braking...albeit hard on the rear tire.
After the initial back-off, does engine braking feel the same?

There are a couple times I went off-the-line WOT on my Moto Guzzi V7II, hit close to redline, but had to back-off, instead of shifting and was quire happy to have full engine braking...albeit hard on the rear tire.
If you go down a number of gears in quick sucession it allows you come flying off the apex. This is not something thats possible with no slipper unless its mapped into the closed throttle, like extra fuel or timing or a dbw throttle lift.
 
Back
Top