Slip on exhaust

spartanheed_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So my bike has the original exhaust on. Does the baffle come out because it sounds like a hairdryer at present!?

Also, do aftermarket slip on cans make much difference to the sound? I know a full system with the cat removed would be the best option but I'm on a budget!
 
Lots and lots of slip ons available for this bike, just depends on what kind of look/sound/budget you’re looking for. I love my Arrow slip on FWIW.
 
Delkevic slip on is a great value. I have the long oval and it’s mellow. Even without the baffle. They have a header very reasonably priced too. That’s on my shopping list. Look them up for sure!
 
I have the 8" Delkevic. Love the sound and quality.

And Ryan I thought I decided that you WERE buying the headers and were to report back with install write up and pics. Sheesh man, get to it!
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the replies. The delkevic is certainly a good price but I just can't get away with the style of the exhausts. I prefer the look of the yoshimura and mugen slip ons
 
Well, here's a couple pics of the Yosh on a CB. Deeper rumble for sure unless you screw in the removable baffle/silencer. That quiets it down to about stock.

7e43b1c375c4189bc9320e00a305e00c.jpg


b250ddbd6cec58e408dd447327b57e25.jpg
 
spartanheed_imp said:
Thanks for the replies. The delkevic is certainly a good price but I just can't get away with the style of the exhausts. I prefer the look of the yoshimura and mugen slip ons
Yep, pretty much every slip on exhaust that appealed to me on all fronts such as quality, design and sound turned out to be expensive. Some might claim performance as an important factor, but I think a person is going to be disappointed if that's really what they're after in a slip on exhaust.
 
Thread starter
I've had a good look through but they just all remind me of 90s sport bike exhausts. There's lots I like the look of such as Mugen, Yoshimura, Moriwaki, Over Racing etc.
 
i can vouch personally for the Deklevic 8" round. still riding with mine. absolutely love the change in note, and the weight savings is literally second to none (seriously, could'nt find a lighter muffler for the cb11)
 
I have a two brothers pipe that I bought from a fellow forum member here. It has a exhaust tips that can be changed out depending on your mood .
 
jimgl3_imp said:
pull the end cap off. drill about 8 1/4" holes. replace end cap. nice deep rumble.
Yup. I drilled several 5/8" holes in the end plate, cut off the snooter pipe, painted the inside end plate with flat black heat paint, and used black high heat RTV sealant when l put the end cap back on. Results are better throttle responce with a nice deep rumble but not too loud. Price was right.
 
Back
Top