Slip on exhaust

Thread starter
DBM_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
pull the end cap off. drill about 8 1/4" holes. replace end cap. nice deep rumble.
Yup. I drilled several 5/8" holes in the end plate, cut off the snooter pipe, painted the inside end plate with flat black heat paint, and used black high heat RTV sealant when l put the end cap back on. Results are better throttle responce with a nice deep rumble but not too loud. Price was right.
Yup. I drilled several 5/8" holes in the end plate, cut off the snooter pipe, painted the inside end plate with flat black heat paint, and used black high heat RTV sealant when l put the end cap back on. Results are better throttle responce with a nice deep rumble but not too loud. Price was right.
Any pictures please?

And what was the purpose of painting the inside of the end cap?
 
spartanheed_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
pull the end cap off. drill about 8 1/4" holes. replace end cap. nice deep rumble.
Yup. I drilled several 5/8" holes in the end plate, cut off the snooter pipe, painted the inside end plate with flat black heat paint, and used black high heat RTV sealant when l put the end cap back on. Results are better throttle responce with a nice deep rumble but not too loud. Price was right.
Yup. I drilled several 5/8" holes in the end plate, cut off the snooter pipe, painted the inside end plate with flat black heat paint, and used black high heat RTV sealant when l put the end cap back on. Results are better throttle responce with a nice deep rumble but not too loud. Price was right.
Any pictures please?

And what was the purpose of painting the inside of the end cap?
Yup. I drilled several 5/8" holes in the end plate, cut off the snooter pipe, painted the inside end plate with flat black heat paint, and used black high heat RTV sealant when l put the end cap back on. Results are better throttle responce with a nice deep rumble but not too loud. Price was right.
Any pictures please?

And what was the purpose of painting the inside of the end cap? Sorry no pics. When you cut off the snooter pipe, you can see inside the muffler and the drilled end plate. I painted the end plate to hide the bare metal from the drilled holes.
 
Thread starter
jimgl3_imp said:
pull the end cap off. drill about 8 1/4" holes. replace end cap. nice deep rumble.
Drill holes where? Through the end cap or through the metal plate inside the end cap, a few inches down the pipe?
Drill holes where? Through the end cap or through the metal plate inside the end cap, a few inches down the pipe?
Ignore that, I've found another thread which explains
 
Off topic but Peter asked about my seat earlier in this thread and just now caught that. It’s a K and H from Samurider. Bought off Member Lola on this forum. Vinyl. Can be custom ordered for height/weight/cover/seating surface etc. although I’m prob heavier than previous owner the seat is all day comfortable as it is.
 
Might need to do the PAIR valve mod Spartanheed.
 
I was able to cure 90% of the decel popping on my drilled muffler by sealing the end cap to the muffler base with RTV sealant.
 
I know this thread is aging a little bit but could always check out the staintune slip on. Same finish as the stock muffler but quite a bit shorter and lighter. Also has a sweet growl to it.
 
I just installed a Delkevic 14" round slash cut slip-on. Great sound (even with baffle in) and quite a weight savings too. Good fit and finish for the price as well. 2013 CB is my year. I recommend checking them out.
 
I love the look and sound of the Staintune on my CB. It's smaller, lighter, looks better and has better sound than stock. There is supposedly a bit of power boost as well, but it wasn't perceptible to me. Same thing as when I replaced the back sprocket, there was a tooth difference which is supposed to increase acceleration and lower top speed by a % but I don't really notice it. The weight saving was wasn't noticeable either. I do notice how less bulky and long the exhaust is and how much better the sound is every time I use it.
 
I too have enjoyed my Staintune very much as I find the tone of this exhaust to be just perfect. There were quite a few guys who purchased these back when the CB1100 was still relatively new here in North America. I've noted elsewhere that if I had it to do all over again I'd still go with the Staintune. But it seems like there are a greater number of options available to CB1100 owners looking for a slip-on exhaust these days. It's always good to have choices, especially when those choices are available for less money.
 
Back
Top