slight oil leak

Enzofour_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have recently had a slight loss of oil on both sides, only behind.
Do I have to open the valve cover or can I do something else?:-/
Thank you.
3c192a95e0c12d5f70f12dd136951074.jpg


43d52a4a3cd4af23acdc250f37d0fe8e.jpg
 
After doing the valve clearances on one of my other bikes I experienced a very slight weep passed the rubber gasket which settled and stopped by itself after a month. You could take that approach if this is a tiny leak, it won't harm the bike. If it persists then a reseat of the valve cover gasket and some black RTV Silicon Engine sealant around the semi-circular sections is normal (and recommended by Honda) and that should sort it.
 
Look at that beautiful, tall, silver lump. :thumbsup:

Enzofour_imp said:
I have recently had a slight loss of oil on both sides, only behind.
Do I have to open the valve cover or can I do something else?:-/
Thank you.
3c192a95e0c12d5f70f12dd136951074.jpg


43d52a4a3cd4af23acdc250f37d0fe8e.jpg
 
Why did we only get red and black CB1100's in the States?! I think this bike looks awesome in white, blue or yellow too!
 
Back
Top