SL 350 barn storage

Wash her down, a little elbow grease, and she will be good as new...

c2779330b96489fe82e6b694757740c7.jpg

bbe83329964828a4ef961ef4fc153697.jpg

6c6b9b371a33c0e5dae875cc97604ebb.jpg
 
Nice find! Looks like a '72 model, last of the SLs. No electric starter, double cradle frame, alloy fenders. Vintage road racers like these.
 
I had one just like the one pictured Tink, same color but sans electric start. It was my first "large" street bike. That photo brings back many pleasant memories.
 
[attachment=3129][attachment=3129]Nice find. My 68 CL450 started out the same way and with a little spit and polish she looks much better. Good luck with your project.
 
Thread starter
I have actually owned this bike for years. The original owner bought it new, had it custom painted, got tired of it and left it sit outside of his transmission shop for years. He gave it to my son who gave it to me. I cleaned the carbs put in fresh gas and it fired right up. I rode it for a couple of years while I went back to college when I was in my early fifties. It has been in storage for 13 years.
Its gonna get turned into a nice little city bike. Not sure if I will do cafe racer or Tracker style. Probably Tracker.
 
It was 4 months of evenings and weekends but I enjoyed every minute of it. There is definitely a level of satisfaction knowing I rebuilt it myself. Enjoy your SL.
 
Thread starter
Gettin' down & dirty on the SL. One bolt left holding the motor in. Will bench it and start top end rebuild tomorrow.
582e9f55c80b755a7db8106e9814e67e.jpg
 
drodg58_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
That will buff out... and before your know it, you'll have one that looks like this! :P

http://www.photosbytink.com/hb2015concours/
Wow that brings back the memories. How cool.
Wow that brings back the memories. How cool.
That is the first year, with electric start and the weird hump seat. In my opinion, they hadn't got the look right until the next year. Funny looking back now because I remember one of my buddies actually winning local motocross races on one of those!
 
Back
Top