SIX THOUSAND POSTS!!

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
I just noticed the Ferret has 5,998 posts. Byt the time you find this one, mate, I hope it will be 6,000!.

Well done. Keep up the great work.
 
I'd like to say that it's because he spends more time writing than riding, but we all know that isn't true.
 
Dang...6000 posts. I obviously have no life. :(

Still I have managed to ride over 18,000 miles so far this year.

Think I will get dressed and go riding :thumbsup:

My first post 4-14-2013... The forum was started the night before

I'm here
 
I'm just posting to increase my post count :P

I gave up trying to keep up with ferret not long after we both joined up. Neck and neck for awhile, but that changed REAL fast!:worship:

It was cool being on a board with only maybe 10 people. That changed real fast too! :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Apropos the startup of the forum mentioned by popgun (member number 4), by the end of the day after Guth launched it on 14 April 2013, there were 22 members. That doesn't include member number 1 called Admin who I suspect is Guth's alter ego.

When I looked this morning, 10 of those members were still active and 1 is hyperactive. That means 50% of the founding contingent are still active on the forum. That means they've visited the site since September 1, 2014.

I’m no expert on Internet forums (this is the very first one I joined) but that seems a good participation rate to me.

The forum stats say there are now 1,590 members, so the forum continues to grow, although short of manually counting, which I'm not going to do, it’s hard to say how many of them are active.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Dang...6000 posts. I obviously have no life. :(

Still I have managed to ride over 18,000 miles so far this year.

Think I will get dressed and go riding :thumbsup:

My first post 4-14-2013... The forum was started the night before

I'm here
That's pretty impressive, especially considering that you weren't just cruising the interstate on a 'Wing. If you figure the serious riding season started on April 1st, you're looking at roughly 160 days of potential riding. Divide that into 18,000 and you get 112 miles per day, every day.

Now there's a man who loves to ride...
 
On a forum I used to help manage it was pretty common than members promoted to moderator status had their post count go up - a lot.

Members that tended to post a lot didn't really see a change and some folk that posted a LOT typically saw their post rate decline a bit. A good number just got burned out and left (or life got in the way).

It's a tuff job and few can take the long hours with so-so pay and benefits.
 
Moderators can get pay and benefits ?????????...... HEY GUTH, we need to talk!

I do like to ride a lot. Typically everyday

Since the first of the month, .. Mon 168 mi, Tues 28, Wed 131, Thurs 172, Fri 109, Sat 49, Sun 57, Mon 55 and yesterday 127

Missed 1 day in June, 1 day in July, and a funeral and vacation with my wife cost me 8 days in August.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Moderators can get pay and benefits ?????????...... HEY GUTH, we need to talk!

I do like to ride a lot. Typically everyday

Since the first of the month, .. Mon 168 mi, Tues 28, Wed 131, Thurs 172, Fri 109, Sat 49, Sun 57, Mon 55 and yesterday 127

Missed 1 day in June, 1 day in July, and a funeral and vacation with my wife cost me 8 days in August.
:rofl:
 
Hmmmm... Think I can translate what that means. :(
 
Hey, once the cheque is posted we can't guarantee when it'll arrive; just be patient.... :P
When I was an admin we made twice the pay of a mod with double the benefits too..... :D
 
I'm not good at math.

Lets see, 2x+2x=?
Let x=0
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Apropos the startup of the forum mentioned by popgun (member number 4), by the end of the day after Guth launched it on 14 April 2013, there were 22 members. That doesn't include member number 1 called Admin who I suspect is Guth's alter ego.

When I looked this morning, 10 of those members were still active and 1 is hyperactive. That means 50% of the founding contingent are still active on the forum. That means they've visited the site since September 1, 2014.

I’m no expert on Internet forums (this is the very first one I joined) but that seems a good participation rate to me.

The forum stats say there are now 1,590 members, so the forum continues to grow, although short of manually counting, which I'm not going to do, it’s hard to say how many of them are active.

I just checked and of the first 13 members, 9 of those were logged into the forum today!
 
Thread starter
Yeah, there was a higher attrition after no. 13.
 
One reason for setting up this forum was to continue and expand on the conversation that started on the epic CB1100 thread over on the ADV Rider forum. Then, as now, ferret was a major driving force behind so much of what is good about those exchanges. Thank goodness that he decided to hop on board here.

My hat's off not just to Mickey, but to all who have come along for the ride.

On a side note: Man I'm envious of all of you who are retired and enjoying it!
 
Congratulations. 6000 posts sounds a lot in any language. Let me see.....think.....think....stop thinking, get calculator! My post average 2.1 per day. 6000 - 747 = 5253 posts to go. 5253 / 2.1 = 2501. 2501 / 365 = 6.8 years to go,disregarding leap years. I'll be lucky to be riding a mobility scooter by then.

So, in summary, goodonyamate!
 
Back
Top