Buffalohead_imp
Been there
Thread starter
CB4ME, Thanks Much!
BH
BH
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Totally Agree! Exceptionally nice work. Very clean and professional looking. eautifully finished. Going to pick up some stainless steel and redo mine this winter when I have a few days. May I ask how did you bend the SS plate in 2 directions so smoothly?Buffalohead_imp said:pw, yours is the best backrest done yet. I know SS is really tough and hard to work with but your final product was well worth it. Congrats!
BH
Whew! I wondered about that. It sure looks great, though!pwyakjr@stny.rr.com_imp said:I really don't know what thickness maybe 1/8? I took a piece of an old rack I had lying around and matched up the thickness. I picked up a 6x10 scrap ss plate the guy at the shop charged me 10.00. he cut up a couple of pieces but I decided no to use them, they were too small. once I had my pieces cut and drilled I then installed them on the back rest first good and tight then I installed it on the rack. then I cranked on the bolts and let them bend the ss into its final position. a few drops of Loctite and the job was done. it sounds simple but it took me most of the weekend. it took me two hrs just to buff out most of the tool marks on the plates alone. pw
Totally Agree! Exceptionally nice work. Very clean and professional looking. eautifully finished. Going to pick up some stainless steel and redo mine this winter when I have a few days. May I ask how did you bend the SS plate in 2 directions so smoothly?CB4ME_imp said:Totally Agree! Exceptionally nice work. Very clean and professional looking. eautifully finished. Going to pick up some stainless steel and redo mine this winter when I have a few days. May I ask how did you bend the SS plate in 2 directions so smoothly?Buffalohead_imp said:pw, yours is the best backrest done yet. I know SS is really tough and hard to work with but your final product was well worth it. Congrats!
BH
Bravo! :clap: