Sissy-bar

Mike79_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi All....just bought my 14 CB1100 and love it! So, now my wife needs a sissy-bar. I am having lots of trouble tracking one down for this bike. Any suggestions?
 
Welcome Mike. There aren't really any sissy bars for this bike--yet anyway. If you search the forum for back rests you will find some options and solutions with pics. Good luck with your search and maybe a few guys will post their solutions again.
 
Yeah, nobody has made one for the bike. Honda's solution is the factory top box with the luggage rack. That's all fine and dandy except that Honda doesn't sell the top box in the states. I got mine from Japan.
 
Thread starter
That is what I am beginning to understand. Wonder if the reason is the low production numbers? My bike is 100095, seems like that's a bunch. Anyway, I think someone may have customized one for a 2007 Shadow...

Thanks!
 
Is yours a 2014?
 
Metalmaven actually fabricated a very cool one, but cost too much to put into production.

There is a thread or 2 on mounting a backrest from another Honda with some small modifications, but I can't find it right now. Will have to look more.

Also, Corbin makes seats that have the option for a backrest. Maybe others.
This is what I was thinking of: Sissybar Followup
 
Yup, I'm in the same boat. Wife actually wants to ride with me now (never bothered to climb on back of my Suzuki V-strom) but really wants a sissy-bar or back rest. I've been thinking of adding a top box, but really don't want to destroy the lines of the bike. I like the lean and low style. The link popgun attached is a clean looking option. There's another one where someone found a ~$50 backrest for an older Honda that would work, but eBay is clean out of those by now. Plus I physically flinched when I saw how much Honda was charging for their "official" luggage rack. Over $300? Anyway, good luck.
 
Yeah, it wasn't cheap but I really like the fact that I can "hide" my helmet when I get off the bike. There are too many people out here that like to mess with your helmet or even steal it.
 
Givi top box with back rest works well for me. Ugly but functional.
 
Mike, Although the Honda box looks great, you don't have to go with one if you decide to go that route. I have a Givi. Some have Shad or others and most have universal mounts which members have put on a veriety of racks.

DW, do you remember the thread the Honda backrest was in? I'm having trouble finding it.
 
Thanks Cormanus. Thats the one I was thinking of.
 
Thread starter
Yes, 2014
I found it when I did a Google search...someone mentioned they used a 2007 sissy-bar for a Shadow, with little mod it worked. I will figure something out. Corbin wants a load of money for their replacement seat with a sissy attached.

I'd rather put food on the table!

M
 
Well then tell her to just wrap her arms around you and hang on.... and then go buy some groceries lol
 
I lucked up and tried a backrest from eBay, that came off a 750k Honda
I have a factory luggage rack on my bike, I had to bend the bars on the backrest 2 ways by heating with a torch just enough to bend, barely discolored bars. Was a little interesting but worked out very well.
If anyone wants pic I'll email one
 
Back
Top