Sissy Bar - FINALLY!

c-breezy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Even though I started going down the cafe/tracker route, I've always wanted a sissy bar on the CB, simply because I like the ease of attaching bags and other accessories and they just look awesome to me. Well, I've been looking at this universal one and finally pulled the trigger. Behold, my bastardo child:
39e3b16b037d3e81c1a9ee2ca5d94e88.jpg

130199914beef6972fc0af03c6103554.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Needs some 6 over tubes lol
 

c-breezy_imp said:
Even though I started going down the cafe/tracker route, I've always wanted a sissy bar on the CB, simply because I like the ease of attaching bags and other accessories and they just look awesome to me. Well, I've been looking at this universal one and finally pulled the trigger. Behold, my bastardo child:
39e3b16b037d3e81c1a9ee2ca5d94e88.jpg

130199914beef6972fc0af03c6103554.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks very functional--be careful under trees though!
 
Good on you, c-breezy.
 
Welcome my fellow old school friend.

I suggest you put the bag off the back of the bar- need seat room for whatever woman you come across to mount your steed. :)


*edit- just noticed your lack of rear fender and taillight- which the bag would block. Odd choice of old school bar and bag trying to fit with new kid fad of no fender/light... compromise I guess.
The ferret_imp said:
Needs some 6 over tubes lol

If they existed- I would already have em.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Needs some 6 over tubes lol
LOL if you insist! (1) CB1100 Chopper, coming right up!
ride4now_imp said:
What about a backrest?
I'm looking for one I can velcro on, and if not, I'll make it(?)
PowerDubs_imp said:
Welcome my fellow old school friend.

I suggest you put the bag off the back of the bar- need seat room for whatever woman you come across to mount your steed. :)


*edit- just noticed your lack of rear fender and taillight- which the bag would block. Odd choice of old school bar and bag trying to fit with new kid fad of no fender/light... compromise I guess.
The ferret_imp said:
Needs some 6 over tubes lol

If they existed- I would already have em.
Haha I thought of you when I was installing this! I will be flipping the bag around since I think I'm actually going to go back to my stock rear fender, taillight, and rear turn signals. Might as well, even if just for a bit, since I never got the chance to enjoy my rear fender after I got it powdercoated black.

And yeah, the current combo is a bit odd, yet somehow, I'm enjoying it :huh:
 
Definitely an interesting twist. :thumbsup:

Powder coat fender: did you do both, and what did that run?

My Valk is definitely black and chrome but I'm feeling more of the black out with the CB.
b1a86bce90c142093dbb1e0e9c9a1500.JPG
 
Thread starter
Haha thanks Gary, "interesting twist" is as good a description as any!

I did powdercoat both front and rear fenders. It cost me $80, and I could have thrown more items in for the same price (kinda wish I had this sissy bar back then to throw in there, and I wish I had thrown in the headlight brackets too while I was at it). You can probably get better pricing if you shop around, but the shops I spoke to said they do batches of items for certain starting prices. They turned out great though, like a nice solid gloss black that matches up perfectly!

Also: beautiful Valk and what a great picture! Where is that and what is in the background?
 
c-breezy_imp said:
Haha thanks Gary, "interesting twist" is as good a description as any!

I did powdercoat both front and rear fenders. It cost me $80, and I could have thrown more items in for the same price (kinda wish I had this sissy bar back then to throw in there, and I wish I had thrown in the headlight brackets too while I was at it). You can probably get better pricing if you shop around, but the shops I spoke to said they do batches of items for certain starting prices. They turned out great though, like a nice solid gloss black that matches up perfectly!

Also: beautiful Valk and what a great picture! Where is that and what is in the background?
Something to think about, all good blackout after-thought pieces for sure and at a great price. Now you got me thinking...

Monument Valley - NE Arizona, SE Utah area. Often used for old Westerns back in the day. Shots taken heading N out of Kayenta, AZ as I recall.
Note the GPS system mounted on the tank.
6906f09529738d7a95ff72057dd5f418.JPG


And thanks CBreezy & Cormanus for the nice comments. Had her since 97 when the Valks came out.
 
I thought that was a GPS. What is it? A tablet or marine chart plotter?
 
Back
Top